Brandy Lies About Marriage, Tells the Reason Why
R 'n' B singer Brandy has admitted in a tell-all interview with US Weekly that her marriage to music producer Robert Smith is fake. She also opens up how she hides the fact about the fatal crash accident she was involved in two years ago that left a 38-year-old woman dead, from her little daughter Sy'rai Iman Smith.
In February 2002, Brandy announced she and Robert had married the year before. At almost the same time, she also publicly revealed that she was expecting her first child. In June the same year, she gave birth to daughter Sy'rai and had the event being documented in MTV reality series, called "Brandy: A Special Delivery". However, Brandy then reportedly divorced Robert. In a radio interview in 2003, she claimed her marriage to Robert actually never happened.
Opening up about that matter to the newest issue of US Weekly, Brandy explains, "I lied because of the fear of what people would think and the pressure to be a good role model," but "Our relationship was very real, we just weren't legally married."
On not telling Sy'rai about the fatal traffic collision, occurring in December 2006, Brandy says, "It was a very tough time, and I still have never talked about it with Sy'rai. I had to be a mother and stay strong for her. I'd cry when she'd go to sleep so she wouldn't see me like that - I had a responsibility to her."
Despite all the struggles, Brandy manages to stand still and face her future. She is having her fifth studio album "Human" to hit the U.S. stores on December 9. And above all, she has a very positive sense about the forthcoming LP, gushing "I think this is my year because I've decided that I'm going to go with the flow in my life. The purpose of my life is music. it's my responsibility to give the fans something they've been waiting for, something they deserve."
Brandy's tell-all interview can be read on US Weekly's newest issue, already on newsstands.
More Brandy News
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage