'Deadpool' Spin-Off Talks Hypen
Possible development of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off, "Deadpool", has been brought up to the surface once again. After producer Lauren Schuler Donner gave brief comment hinting the possibility, former 20th Century Fox Studio Exec Jeff Katz mentioned the feasibility of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool character getting its own film.
Splash Page MTV reported that Katz offered up his thought on the matter during a recent "Comic Book Club" chat session between comedians and comics creators in Manhattan. Praising Reynolds' work on the wise-cracking mercenary who in the Marvel's comic book universe is the alter ego of Wade Wilson, he stated, "The film nicely tees [Deadpool] off for his own spin-off film."
Apart from addressing the chance of "Deadpool" movie, Katz also commented on the upcoming "X-Men" film, "Wolverine". On the occasion, he suggested that the Hugh Jackman-starring movie will have darker tone and contain more action than its predecessors, making it to be "certainly the most violent" of the "X-Men" movies so far.
A prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" focuses on Wolverine and his Team X before he is turned to be the Wolverine known today whose skeleton was bonded with the indestructible metal adamantium. Directed by "Rendition" helmer Gavin Hood, it will also see Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. It is expected to hit theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby