'Deadpool' Spin-Off Talks Hypen
Possible development of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off, "Deadpool", has been brought up to the surface once again. After producer Lauren Schuler Donner gave brief comment hinting the possibility, former 20th Century Fox Studio Exec Jeff Katz mentioned the feasibility of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool character getting its own film.
Splash Page MTV reported that Katz offered up his thought on the matter during a recent "Comic Book Club" chat session between comedians and comics creators in Manhattan. Praising Reynolds' work on the wise-cracking mercenary who in the Marvel's comic book universe is the alter ego of Wade Wilson, he stated, "The film nicely tees [Deadpool] off for his own spin-off film."
Apart from addressing the chance of "Deadpool" movie, Katz also commented on the upcoming "X-Men" film, "Wolverine". On the occasion, he suggested that the Hugh Jackman-starring movie will have darker tone and contain more action than its predecessors, making it to be "certainly the most violent" of the "X-Men" movies so far.
A prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" focuses on Wolverine and his Team X before he is turned to be the Wolverine known today whose skeleton was bonded with the indestructible metal adamantium. Directed by "Rendition" helmer Gavin Hood, it will also see Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. It is expected to hit theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off