'Deadpool' Spin-Off Talks Hypen
Possible development of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off, "Deadpool", has been brought up to the surface once again. After producer Lauren Schuler Donner gave brief comment hinting the possibility, former 20th Century Fox Studio Exec Jeff Katz mentioned the feasibility of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool character getting its own film.
Splash Page MTV reported that Katz offered up his thought on the matter during a recent "Comic Book Club" chat session between comedians and comics creators in Manhattan. Praising Reynolds' work on the wise-cracking mercenary who in the Marvel's comic book universe is the alter ego of Wade Wilson, he stated, "The film nicely tees [Deadpool] off for his own spin-off film."
Apart from addressing the chance of "Deadpool" movie, Katz also commented on the upcoming "X-Men" film, "Wolverine". On the occasion, he suggested that the Hugh Jackman-starring movie will have darker tone and contain more action than its predecessors, making it to be "certainly the most violent" of the "X-Men" movies so far.
A prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" focuses on Wolverine and his Team X before he is turned to be the Wolverine known today whose skeleton was bonded with the indestructible metal adamantium. Directed by "Rendition" helmer Gavin Hood, it will also see Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. It is expected to hit theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell