'Deadpool' Spin-Off Talks Hypen
Possible development of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off, "Deadpool", has been brought up to the surface once again. After producer Lauren Schuler Donner gave brief comment hinting the possibility, former 20th Century Fox Studio Exec Jeff Katz mentioned the feasibility of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool character getting its own film.
Splash Page MTV reported that Katz offered up his thought on the matter during a recent "Comic Book Club" chat session between comedians and comics creators in Manhattan. Praising Reynolds' work on the wise-cracking mercenary who in the Marvel's comic book universe is the alter ego of Wade Wilson, he stated, "The film nicely tees [Deadpool] off for his own spin-off film."
Apart from addressing the chance of "Deadpool" movie, Katz also commented on the upcoming "X-Men" film, "Wolverine". On the occasion, he suggested that the Hugh Jackman-starring movie will have darker tone and contain more action than its predecessors, making it to be "certainly the most violent" of the "X-Men" movies so far.
A prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" focuses on Wolverine and his Team X before he is turned to be the Wolverine known today whose skeleton was bonded with the indestructible metal adamantium. Directed by "Rendition" helmer Gavin Hood, it will also see Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. It is expected to hit theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November