'Deadpool' Spin-Off Talks Hypen
Possible development of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" spin-off, "Deadpool", has been brought up to the surface once again. After producer Lauren Schuler Donner gave brief comment hinting the possibility, former 20th Century Fox Studio Exec Jeff Katz mentioned the feasibility of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool character getting its own film.
Splash Page MTV reported that Katz offered up his thought on the matter during a recent "Comic Book Club" chat session between comedians and comics creators in Manhattan. Praising Reynolds' work on the wise-cracking mercenary who in the Marvel's comic book universe is the alter ego of Wade Wilson, he stated, "The film nicely tees [Deadpool] off for his own spin-off film."
Apart from addressing the chance of "Deadpool" movie, Katz also commented on the upcoming "X-Men" film, "Wolverine". On the occasion, he suggested that the Hugh Jackman-starring movie will have darker tone and contain more action than its predecessors, making it to be "certainly the most violent" of the "X-Men" movies so far.
A prequel to the "X-Men" trilogy, "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" focuses on Wolverine and his Team X before he is turned to be the Wolverine known today whose skeleton was bonded with the indestructible metal adamantium. Directed by "Rendition" helmer Gavin Hood, it will also see Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth. It is expected to hit theaters on May 1, 2009.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger