'Bruno' Alert in 'Medium' Set Causes Temporary Shut Down
Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno has done it again. After crashing in a fashion show by designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada in Milan and popping by anti-gay marriage rally in Los Angeles, the gay Austrian fashion reporter came by the set of NBC's "Medium" on November 7, causing the production to be temporarily halted.
Entertainment Weekly's The Ausiello Files reported that during the shooting of a scene involving Patricia Arquette for the supernatural drama series, an extra constantly disturbed a tense courtroom scene. Initially, it is said that no one noticed that the troublemaker was Cohen disguising as Bruno. It is only after security forcibly removed him from the jury box, that everyone realized the fact.
On the incident, a source close to the series told Ausiello Files, "No one had a clue it was Sacha playing Bruno." The insider then added, "It's amazing he was able to infiltrate the set and pull this off." Still, it is unknown whether the incident was taped for the forthcoming comedy "Bruno" or not.
"Bruno" is developed from one of Cohen's noted characters in comedy television series "Da Ali G Show". The movie is said to highlight the interviews between Bruno and unsuspecting guests, which allegedly include Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ben Affleck. Directed by Dan Mazer, it is set to open in U.S. theaters on May 15, 2009.
More Bruno News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date