Heather Locklear Formally Charged With Misdemeanor DUI
Prosecutors in Santa Barbara have, on Monday, November 17, formally charged Heather Locklear with misdemeanor driving under the influence (DUI), citing prescription drugs, stemmed from her arrest in late September. If convicted, the 47-year-old actress could face penalties, either a fine or up to six months in county jail.
"Lab tests showed she had no alcohol in her system and no illegal narcotics of any kind," Senior Deputy District Attorney Lee Carter confirms in a statement regarding Heather's DUI case. Lee, however, declines to name the medications and the amount that the star had taken. "We believe that the prescriptions she was taking could have impaired her ability to drive a motor vehicle safely," Lee explains further.
Heather is expected to be arraigned on January 26 next year. Her attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.
Heather Locklear, who used to star as Amanda Woodward in TV series "Melrose Place", has made media headlines ever since she separated from then husband Richie Sambora. Prior to her arrest, in late June to be exact, she checked into an Arizona rehab facility, for a four-week treatment for what was claimed as "anxiety and depression."
As for her love life, she's been dating her "Melrose Place" co-star, actor Jack Wagner, since March last year. The pair confirmed their romance during the Celebrity Classic golf tournament back in April the same year.
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier
- Here's Why 'Avengers 4' Doesn't Have a Title Yet
- Gucci Mane Brings Out A$AP Rocky, Chief Keef, 50 Cent and More at Coachella
- Alex Rodriguez Says His Relationship With Jennifer Lopez Is 'Moving in the Right Direction'
- Ed Sheeran May Quit Music Once He Starts a Family
- Drake Denies Impregnating Instagram Model Layla Lace