'Happy Feet 2' Coming to Life in Sydney
A sequel of "Happy Feet" will be made at a new digital production facility in Sydney, Australia. Breaking out the news is The Age, claiming that NSW Minister of State Development Ian Macdonald has noted on Sunday, November 16, that Warner Bros. Pictures will employ an average of 438 people over three years to develop "Happy Feet 2".
While Macdonald stated that the sequel and new "Dr D" digital production facility will put Sydney "once again front and centre of the national film industry", director George Miller praised on the government's assistance package and the facility. In a statement, he said, "This incentive by the NSW government is a significant step. It allows us to make 'Happy Feet 2' in Sydney and it will be the first of many productions from our new digital studio, Dr D."
"It helps us in our attempts to attract substantial foreign investment which will create hundreds of high-end, highly skilled jobs as well as nurture the careers of many people coming out of our educational institutions who would otherwise have no place to grow their talents," he then added.
Released on November 17, 2006, the original "Happy Feet" was filled with a line of A-listers as its characters' voice actors, including Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Brittany Murphy, Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. Since its debut, this animation film has grossed $198 million domestically and $384.3 million worldwide.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding