'Happy Feet 2' Coming to Life in Sydney
A sequel of "Happy Feet" will be made at a new digital production facility in Sydney, Australia. Breaking out the news is The Age, claiming that NSW Minister of State Development Ian Macdonald has noted on Sunday, November 16, that Warner Bros. Pictures will employ an average of 438 people over three years to develop "Happy Feet 2".
While Macdonald stated that the sequel and new "Dr D" digital production facility will put Sydney "once again front and centre of the national film industry", director George Miller praised on the government's assistance package and the facility. In a statement, he said, "This incentive by the NSW government is a significant step. It allows us to make 'Happy Feet 2' in Sydney and it will be the first of many productions from our new digital studio, Dr D."
"It helps us in our attempts to attract substantial foreign investment which will create hundreds of high-end, highly skilled jobs as well as nurture the careers of many people coming out of our educational institutions who would otherwise have no place to grow their talents," he then added.
Released on November 17, 2006, the original "Happy Feet" was filled with a line of A-listers as its characters' voice actors, including Elijah Wood, Robin Williams, Brittany Murphy, Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman. Since its debut, this animation film has grossed $198 million domestically and $384.3 million worldwide.
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'