Video: Wanda Sykes Comes Out at Gay Rights Rally
Wanda Sykes is gay and she is 'proud' of it, so she said during the gay rights rally in Las Vegas on Saturday, November 15. During her speech, the actress-comedian claimed it was the passage of same-sex marriage ban in California, called Proposition 8, that has led to her be more outspoken about being gay.
Defending her gay confirmation, Wanda said in her almost five minutes of remarks, "You know, I don't really talk about my sexual orientation. I didn't feel like I had to." She emphasized, "I was just living my life, not necessarily in the closet, but I was living my life."
Greater than that, Wanda also announced that she has married her same-sex partner in California on October 25, 2008, just days before the passage of Proposition 8. Expressing her disagreement over the passage, she told the crowd, "I got pissed off. They pissed me off. I said, 'You know what? Now I gotta get in your face.' And that's what we all have to do now. They pissed off the wrong group of people. They have galvanized a community ... Instead of having gay marriage in California, we're going to get it across the country."
Below is the video of Wanda's speech during the gay rights rally in Las Vegas.
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular