Video: Wanda Sykes Comes Out at Gay Rights Rally
Wanda Sykes is gay and she is 'proud' of it, so she said during the gay rights rally in Las Vegas on Saturday, November 15. During her speech, the actress-comedian claimed it was the passage of same-sex marriage ban in California, called Proposition 8, that has led to her be more outspoken about being gay.
Defending her gay confirmation, Wanda said in her almost five minutes of remarks, "You know, I don't really talk about my sexual orientation. I didn't feel like I had to." She emphasized, "I was just living my life, not necessarily in the closet, but I was living my life."
Greater than that, Wanda also announced that she has married her same-sex partner in California on October 25, 2008, just days before the passage of Proposition 8. Expressing her disagreement over the passage, she told the crowd, "I got pissed off. They pissed me off. I said, 'You know what? Now I gotta get in your face.' And that's what we all have to do now. They pissed off the wrong group of people. They have galvanized a community ... Instead of having gay marriage in California, we're going to get it across the country."
Below is the video of Wanda's speech during the gay rights rally in Las Vegas.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign