Kanye West Arrested After Scuffle With Paparazzo, Released Without Charge
Rapper Kanye West was arrested early Friday morning, November 14 outside a nightclub in Newcastle, England after he allegedly attacked one photographer who was trying to snap his pictures. Fortunately, he has been released "without charge" and no further legal action is taken against him, a representative for the authorities has confirmed.
Kanye visited Newcastle's Tup Tup nightclub on Thursday night, November 13, after playing a sold-out show at the Metro Radio Arena as part of his "Glow in the Dark" world tour. He later was seen leaving the hot spot with four female companions when suddenly shouted out to a photographer who was taking his pics.
Per the photographer, who was identified as Terry Blackburn, Kanye ran to him, pushed his camera back into his face and shouted, "Get the f--king camera off!" As a result of the incident, which reportedly happened at about 2 A.M., Terry suffered a cut on his nose.
A couple of hours later, authorities arrested Kanye at a hotel in nearby Gateshead. Comment hasn't been released by Kanye, and his U.K. label, Mercury Records, has announced it won't be issuing a statement on the star's arrest.
Meanwhile, a Northumbria Police spokeswoman has publicly confirmed, "We can confirm that a 31-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault following an incident at a Newcastle city center club in the early hours of this morning. He was released without charge and no further action is being taken." Kanye wasn't identified by name though for British police do not usually identify suspects who have not formally been charged.
More Kanye West News
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing