'Alvin and the Chipmunks' Go to School in 'The Squeakuel'
"Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel" will see the harmony singing chipmunks going to school and trouble coming in the form of the Chipettes. Talking to MTV News on Wednesday, November 12, co-producer Ross Bagdasarian Jr. reveals that the boys will get one interesting "out of water" experience. "The boys will wind up going to school for the first time," so he says.
Admitting that the sequel will present a different part of the boys, the son of the man who created the famous singing chipmunks further adds on what the boys will be dealing with in school. "They go to a combined middle school and high school, so there's all kinds of [human] kids around them," he explains. "You know, kids in the beginning can be cruel, so those first few days are a little bit tough for the boys."
Beside dealing with new challenge in school, the boys will also meet their female counterparts in the sequel as Bagdasarian Jr.'s producing partner Janice Karman claims. "We're introducing the Chipettes, which are the boys' counterparts. Brittany, Eleanor and Jeannette - we introduced those girls in the '80s on the Saturday morning cartoon shows. Now, they will be in the 'Squeakuel' and create a lot of tension and add a lot of fun and a lot of songs."
Meanwhile, on the casting news, Bagdasarian Jr. confesses it is possible that Jason Lee, the actor who plays David "Dave" Seville, may not be able to return for the sequel installment. "I know that Jason [Lee] wants to [come back]," he says. "He's got a conflict schedule-wise, because 'My Name Is Earl' is doing a lot of shows through the end of March, and our movie was actually picked up earlier than normal. So we're gonna be coming out Christmas Day next year, and we're hoping he [can] do it. We want to have him in, and hopefully the schedules can work out."
Despite Jason's possible leave, Bagdasarian Jr. notes that David Cross will be back as the unscrupulous record executive Ian Hawke. Adding to the casting report, Karman who voices the Chipettes in the past says that she would love to see famous actresses fill in the roles. Some of the actresses whose names are linked to the parts includes Drew Barrymore, Miley Cyrus and JoJo. More on the interview can be read via MTV.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie