Geri Halliwell Dumps Dancer Boyfriend Ivan Velez Over the Phone
Singer and mother of one daughter, Geri Halliwell, is reported to have dumped her boyfriend, dancer Ivan "Flipz" Velez, over the phone. Per Britain's Closer magazine, she ended their romance three weeks ago after only six months of dating.
"She called 'Flipz' when she returned to the UK from Los Angeles and confessed that things just weren't working for her," a source close to Geri tells the publication. "Geri said she'd hoped it would be an amazing love-of-her-life romance, but that the spark just wasn't there. She couldn't deal with the distance between them and thought it was best to end it before he got even more hurt."
"As far as 'Flipz' was concerned they were strong together and had a bright future. They'd talked about kids and marriage. But I guess in her eyes, it just wasn't meant to be," the source testifies further.
Geri, the source adds, "has been trying not to be too desperate to settle down and meet the man of her dreams - but she can't help it," the source says in a statement. "She has Bluebell, but wants to have more children. Geri is annoyingly picky about men and she gets impatient waiting for the right one to come along. It doesn't help that she's high-maintenance - she scares a lot of men off."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance