'The Lodger' Welcomes First Trailer
The trailer for David Ondaatje's "The Lodger" has arrived. Giving a sneak peek into the mystery thriller, the short video footage shares glimpses of the troubled detective played by Alfred Molina in attempting to solve the serial killing case, and of a relationship between a landlady portrayed by Hope Davis and her lodger starred by Simon Baker.
A re-imagining of Alfred Hitchcock's 1927 film, "The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog", this new film is set in Los Angeles and is told in two converging plot lines. On one story, it follows a disturbing relationship between Ellen Bunting, an emotionally disturbed landlady, and Malcolm Slaight, a mysterious stranger who becomes her lodger. The other follows a grizzled detective trying to find a serial killer, whose method of killing is identical to Jack the Ripper's, before he slaughters more Sunset Strip's prostitutes.
Directed, produced and written by David Ondaatje, "The Lodger" will be distributed in limited theaters across U.S. on December 31.
"The Lodger" Trailer:
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'