'The Lodger' Welcomes First Trailer
The trailer for David Ondaatje's "The Lodger" has arrived. Giving a sneak peek into the mystery thriller, the short video footage shares glimpses of the troubled detective played by Alfred Molina in attempting to solve the serial killing case, and of a relationship between a landlady portrayed by Hope Davis and her lodger starred by Simon Baker.
A re-imagining of Alfred Hitchcock's 1927 film, "The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog", this new film is set in Los Angeles and is told in two converging plot lines. On one story, it follows a disturbing relationship between Ellen Bunting, an emotionally disturbed landlady, and Malcolm Slaight, a mysterious stranger who becomes her lodger. The other follows a grizzled detective trying to find a serial killer, whose method of killing is identical to Jack the Ripper's, before he slaughters more Sunset Strip's prostitutes.
Directed, produced and written by David Ondaatje, "The Lodger" will be distributed in limited theaters across U.S. on December 31.
"The Lodger" Trailer:
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed