'The Lodger' Welcomes First Trailer
The trailer for David Ondaatje's "The Lodger" has arrived. Giving a sneak peek into the mystery thriller, the short video footage shares glimpses of the troubled detective played by Alfred Molina in attempting to solve the serial killing case, and of a relationship between a landlady portrayed by Hope Davis and her lodger starred by Simon Baker.
A re-imagining of Alfred Hitchcock's 1927 film, "The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog", this new film is set in Los Angeles and is told in two converging plot lines. On one story, it follows a disturbing relationship between Ellen Bunting, an emotionally disturbed landlady, and Malcolm Slaight, a mysterious stranger who becomes her lodger. The other follows a grizzled detective trying to find a serial killer, whose method of killing is identical to Jack the Ripper's, before he slaughters more Sunset Strip's prostitutes.
Directed, produced and written by David Ondaatje, "The Lodger" will be distributed in limited theaters across U.S. on December 31.
"The Lodger" Trailer:
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert