'The Lodger' Welcomes First Trailer
The trailer for David Ondaatje's "The Lodger" has arrived. Giving a sneak peek into the mystery thriller, the short video footage shares glimpses of the troubled detective played by Alfred Molina in attempting to solve the serial killing case, and of a relationship between a landlady portrayed by Hope Davis and her lodger starred by Simon Baker.
A re-imagining of Alfred Hitchcock's 1927 film, "The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog", this new film is set in Los Angeles and is told in two converging plot lines. On one story, it follows a disturbing relationship between Ellen Bunting, an emotionally disturbed landlady, and Malcolm Slaight, a mysterious stranger who becomes her lodger. The other follows a grizzled detective trying to find a serial killer, whose method of killing is identical to Jack the Ripper's, before he slaughters more Sunset Strip's prostitutes.
Directed, produced and written by David Ondaatje, "The Lodger" will be distributed in limited theaters across U.S. on December 31.
"The Lodger" Trailer:
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight