'The Lodger' Welcomes First Trailer
The trailer for David Ondaatje's "The Lodger" has arrived. Giving a sneak peek into the mystery thriller, the short video footage shares glimpses of the troubled detective played by Alfred Molina in attempting to solve the serial killing case, and of a relationship between a landlady portrayed by Hope Davis and her lodger starred by Simon Baker.
A re-imagining of Alfred Hitchcock's 1927 film, "The Lodger: A Story of the London Fog", this new film is set in Los Angeles and is told in two converging plot lines. On one story, it follows a disturbing relationship between Ellen Bunting, an emotionally disturbed landlady, and Malcolm Slaight, a mysterious stranger who becomes her lodger. The other follows a grizzled detective trying to find a serial killer, whose method of killing is identical to Jack the Ripper's, before he slaughters more Sunset Strip's prostitutes.
Directed, produced and written by David Ondaatje, "The Lodger" will be distributed in limited theaters across U.S. on December 31.
"The Lodger" Trailer:
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March