Rep Gives Update on Jesse Metcalfe's Latest Condition After Hospitalization
A representative for Jesse Metcalfe has confirmed the actor is okay after falling down from a two-story balcony at a party in Monaco over the weekend. The incident has forced him to be transported to a nearby hospital, but he has since been given the all clear by the doctors to fly back to London, where he's currently staying.
Jesse was in Monaco to help hosting the annual World Music Awards, held at Monte Carlo's Sporting Club on Sunday evening, November 9. He was trying to get back to his hotel to change his outfit for he planned to attend an afterparty, held at the Riviera hot spot Jimmy'z, when he suddenly slipped down 40 feet of stairs and bumped his head, the representative explained.
The fall left Jesse unconscious and emergency responders immediately transported him to the Grasse hospital nearby where he had an X-ray and brain scan or MRI. The result came negative and he was then discharged from the facility early Monday, November 10.
Given the green light to fly back to London, Jesse was admitted to a private hospital and underwent a CAT scan. "Luckily for him it came up a clean bill of health," his representative confirmed to People. At press time, the actor is remaining in medics' care and is expected to be released "as early as tonight or tomorrow" November 12, E! Online has reported. He is then expected to undergo some physiotherapy.
"To have fallen that distance and not have any major injuries was a miraculous escape," the representative said in a statement. "It was a very scary experience for him and those of us who saw him. It was a nasty fall. He was found face down on the floor ... It could easily have been fatal." Though feeling "shocked", Jesse "realizes how lucky he has been" and "is in good spirits and is putting a brace face on it," the representative added.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer