'Repo! The Genetic Opera' Sequel Eyes 2009 Production
A sequel of "Repo! The Genetic Opera" has apparently been thought of. In a recent interview with Moviehole, the rock musical's director Darren Lynn Bousman has teased that he is planning to start on the production of a second movie by 2009. Of it, he fessed up, "I want to start a sequel next year."
"But again, everything-I'll end my whole thing on a soapbox, which I love to get on," the man behind three installments of "Saw" franchise further explained. "This movie is all about support from the Internet, and support from fans. This is not a movie where you'll see billboards or bus stop ads or trailers on TV. It's a movie that exists in a grass roots kind of a fashion. It exists when fans go and see it, and they go on message boards and talk about it."
Moreover, he said that he wants to do the follow-up movie because the movie "was conceived as a three-part movie". Despite his enthusiasm, he admitted that he still has to do another project first stating, "But I'm doing an action film next. I can't say exactly what it is yet. It'll be announced next week. But I'm doing a big action film next, which is really exciting."
"Repo!" follows Shilo Wallace, a locked down young woman due to her rare blood disease. Able to escape her confinement, Shilo searches for the cure of her disease and information about her parents' past. In her effort to do so, she is sucked into the world of GeneCo, the biotech company providing the organ transplant for a price.
Starring Alexa Vega, Paris Hilton, Paul Sorvino, Anthony Head and Sarah Brightman, this Lionsgate Films movie is scripted by Terrance Zdunich and Darren Smith. It has been screened in limited U.S. theaters on November 7.
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana