Will Smith's Son Is the Next Karate Kid
Having portrayed the son of a struggling salesman in "The Pursuit of Happyness", Jaden Smith will next play a martial arts practitioner. According to Variety, the son of Hollywood superstar Will Smith has been tapped to star in "Untitled Karate Kid Remake", a "refashioned" remake of 1984 hit martial arts movie "The Karate Kid".
The remake project will have Jerry Weintraub and Overbrook Entertainment's James Lassiter, Will and Ken Stovitz as the new film's producers. Its script is being worked on by Chris Murphy, while the movie itself is scheduled to be shot in Beijing and other cities in 2009. It is said that the story will keep its essential plot elements, a bullied teenager learning to stand up for himself with the help of an eccentric mentor.
The original "Karate Kid" stars Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita and Elisabeth Shue. Telling an underdog story in which Daniel LaRusso is being trained by Mr. Miyagi to defend himself using karate, it received commercial success, spawning three other sequels, the last of which helps to launch Hilary Swank's career in movie biz.
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her
- Video Premiere: Chris Brown's 'Grass Ain't Greener'
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'