Will Smith's Son Is the Next Karate Kid
Having portrayed the son of a struggling salesman in "The Pursuit of Happyness", Jaden Smith will next play a martial arts practitioner. According to Variety, the son of Hollywood superstar Will Smith has been tapped to star in "Untitled Karate Kid Remake", a "refashioned" remake of 1984 hit martial arts movie "The Karate Kid".
The remake project will have Jerry Weintraub and Overbrook Entertainment's James Lassiter, Will and Ken Stovitz as the new film's producers. Its script is being worked on by Chris Murphy, while the movie itself is scheduled to be shot in Beijing and other cities in 2009. It is said that the story will keep its essential plot elements, a bullied teenager learning to stand up for himself with the help of an eccentric mentor.
The original "Karate Kid" stars Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita and Elisabeth Shue. Telling an underdog story in which Daniel LaRusso is being trained by Mr. Miyagi to defend himself using karate, it received commercial success, spawning three other sequels, the last of which helps to launch Hilary Swank's career in movie biz.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media