Showtime Picks Up a New Series Entitled 'Camelot'
Showtime has picked up a new series project which will be titled "Camelot". The network will make a collaboration with BBC to develop the new series which is described as a contemporary retelling story of Camelot's true history.
Production team that will work for the series including Michael Hirst and Morgan O'Sullivan, "The Tudors" creators. Hirst who also has several credits on "Elizabeth" movie (1998) and the sequel "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" (2007) will be responsible as the series' executive producer and the scripts' writer along with O'Sullivan and Douglas Rae.
"Camelot" is planned to be produced by Ecosse Films and Octagon Filmes, while Showtime and BBC cooperate to co-finance the development of the series' scripts project. The casts, airdates, and other details about "Camelot" are to be determined further.
Meanwhile, Showtime has recently finished producing the third season of "The Tudors" which will be premiered in April 2009. The network also has several upcoming projects for next year slot, such as "United States of Tara", "Nurse Jackie", "Lock 'n Load", "The End of Steve", "Possible Side Effects", and "The L Word" spin-off.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch