Showtime Picks Up a New Series Entitled 'Camelot'
Showtime has picked up a new series project which will be titled "Camelot". The network will make a collaboration with BBC to develop the new series which is described as a contemporary retelling story of Camelot's true history.
Production team that will work for the series including Michael Hirst and Morgan O'Sullivan, "The Tudors" creators. Hirst who also has several credits on "Elizabeth" movie (1998) and the sequel "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" (2007) will be responsible as the series' executive producer and the scripts' writer along with O'Sullivan and Douglas Rae.
"Camelot" is planned to be produced by Ecosse Films and Octagon Filmes, while Showtime and BBC cooperate to co-finance the development of the series' scripts project. The casts, airdates, and other details about "Camelot" are to be determined further.
Meanwhile, Showtime has recently finished producing the third season of "The Tudors" which will be premiered in April 2009. The network also has several upcoming projects for next year slot, such as "United States of Tara", "Nurse Jackie", "Lock 'n Load", "The End of Steve", "Possible Side Effects", and "The L Word" spin-off.
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'