Artist of the Week: David Archuleta
"American Idol" runner-up David Archuleta has been working on his first studio album, the self-titled "David Archuleta". Slated for release on November 11 in the U.S., the effort will include at least twelve new songs and a cover version of Robbie Williams' 1997 song "Angels".
The first single coming off the forthcoming LP, "Crush", was produced by Emanuel Kiriakou and written by Jess Cates teaming up with Dave Hodges and Kiriakou. Since making its worldwide debut in September, "Crush" garnered first-week download sales of more than 160,000 hits. It also peaked at number 1 on Billboard Hot Digital Songs chart and at number 2 on Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart.
In the meantime, Archuleta is lined up along with Katy Perry to perform at annual holiday concert "Z100's Jingle Ball 2008" on December 12. Other musicians scheduled to make live appearances at the gig include Chris Brown, Leona Lewis, Ne-Yo, Jesse McCartney, Paramore, Brandy, and Lady GaGa.
But before that, Archuleta will first make a live appearance at 2008 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Joining him on the November-27 event are Miley Cyrus, Kristin Chenoweth, James Taylor, The Cheetah Girls, Darius Rucker, and Trace Adkins among others.
Besides, Archuleta has also landed himself in the acting world. He will make his acting debut on Nickelodeon's "iCarly" in an episode titled "iRocked the Vote", playing himself. His episode will be aired next spring.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer