Artist of the Week: David Archuleta
"American Idol" runner-up David Archuleta has been working on his first studio album, the self-titled "David Archuleta". Slated for release on November 11 in the U.S., the effort will include at least twelve new songs and a cover version of Robbie Williams' 1997 song "Angels".
The first single coming off the forthcoming LP, "Crush", was produced by Emanuel Kiriakou and written by Jess Cates teaming up with Dave Hodges and Kiriakou. Since making its worldwide debut in September, "Crush" garnered first-week download sales of more than 160,000 hits. It also peaked at number 1 on Billboard Hot Digital Songs chart and at number 2 on Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart.
In the meantime, Archuleta is lined up along with Katy Perry to perform at annual holiday concert "Z100's Jingle Ball 2008" on December 12. Other musicians scheduled to make live appearances at the gig include Chris Brown, Leona Lewis, Ne-Yo, Jesse McCartney, Paramore, Brandy, and Lady GaGa.
But before that, Archuleta will first make a live appearance at 2008 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Joining him on the November-27 event are Miley Cyrus, Kristin Chenoweth, James Taylor, The Cheetah Girls, Darius Rucker, and Trace Adkins among others.
Besides, Archuleta has also landed himself in the acting world. He will make his acting debut on Nickelodeon's "iCarly" in an episode titled "iRocked the Vote", playing himself. His episode will be aired next spring.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016