Artist of the Week: David Archuleta
"American Idol" runner-up David Archuleta has been working on his first studio album, the self-titled "David Archuleta". Slated for release on November 11 in the U.S., the effort will include at least twelve new songs and a cover version of Robbie Williams' 1997 song "Angels".
The first single coming off the forthcoming LP, "Crush", was produced by Emanuel Kiriakou and written by Jess Cates teaming up with Dave Hodges and Kiriakou. Since making its worldwide debut in September, "Crush" garnered first-week download sales of more than 160,000 hits. It also peaked at number 1 on Billboard Hot Digital Songs chart and at number 2 on Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart.
In the meantime, Archuleta is lined up along with Katy Perry to perform at annual holiday concert "Z100's Jingle Ball 2008" on December 12. Other musicians scheduled to make live appearances at the gig include Chris Brown, Leona Lewis, Ne-Yo, Jesse McCartney, Paramore, Brandy, and Lady GaGa.
But before that, Archuleta will first make a live appearance at 2008 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Joining him on the November-27 event are Miley Cyrus, Kristin Chenoweth, James Taylor, The Cheetah Girls, Darius Rucker, and Trace Adkins among others.
Besides, Archuleta has also landed himself in the acting world. He will make his acting debut on Nickelodeon's "iCarly" in an episode titled "iRocked the Vote", playing himself. His episode will be aired next spring.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit