Artist of the Week: David Archuleta
"American Idol" runner-up David Archuleta has been working on his first studio album, the self-titled "David Archuleta". Slated for release on November 11 in the U.S., the effort will include at least twelve new songs and a cover version of Robbie Williams' 1997 song "Angels".
The first single coming off the forthcoming LP, "Crush", was produced by Emanuel Kiriakou and written by Jess Cates teaming up with Dave Hodges and Kiriakou. Since making its worldwide debut in September, "Crush" garnered first-week download sales of more than 160,000 hits. It also peaked at number 1 on Billboard Hot Digital Songs chart and at number 2 on Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart.
In the meantime, Archuleta is lined up along with Katy Perry to perform at annual holiday concert "Z100's Jingle Ball 2008" on December 12. Other musicians scheduled to make live appearances at the gig include Chris Brown, Leona Lewis, Ne-Yo, Jesse McCartney, Paramore, Brandy, and Lady GaGa.
But before that, Archuleta will first make a live appearance at 2008 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Joining him on the November-27 event are Miley Cyrus, Kristin Chenoweth, James Taylor, The Cheetah Girls, Darius Rucker, and Trace Adkins among others.
Besides, Archuleta has also landed himself in the acting world. He will make his acting debut on Nickelodeon's "iCarly" in an episode titled "iRocked the Vote", playing himself. His episode will be aired next spring.
- Rihanna Accused of Disrespecting Queen Elizabeth
- Ireland Baldwin Celebrates Earth Day by Going Topless - See the Pic!
- Dan Stevens Is Open to Another 'Beauty and the Beast' Film
- Jealous Kim Kardashian Planning to Outshine Beyonce by Getting Pregnant Again
- Watch Lady GaGa's Emotional Tribute to Cancer-Stricken Friend During Coachella Performance
- Rob Kardashian's Not Ready to Give Up on His 'Unhealthy' Relationship With Blac Chyna
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money