Full Winners of 2008 MTV European Music Awards
Britney Spears scored double glory at 2008 MTV European Music Awards. She took home a trophy for "Act of 2008", putting aside Amy Winehouse, Coldplay, Leona Lewis, and Rihanna. In addition, on "Album of the Year", her fifth studio album "Blackout" has beaten down Alicia Keys' "As I Am", Coldplay's "Viva La Vida", Duffy's "Rockferry", and Leona Lewis' "Spirit".
Unfortunately, the 26-year-old singer couldn't attend the MTV's extravagant night to collect her trophies but she managed to appear via satellite to give her acceptance speech. "Thank you again MTV. I cannot believe I won another EMA. This is another amazing night for me," the "Womanizer" hitmaker said.
Meanwhile, though her smash hit, "I Kissed a Girl" missed out on "Most Addictive Track" which was won by Pink's "So What", the event's host, Katy Perry, still managed to grab one prize from "New Act". She won over other such competitors as Duffy, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and OneRepublic.
Next winner from the awards was German band Tokio Hotel. They were awarded as "Headliner" after facing a stiff competition with Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Metallica, and The Cure. On other categories, Kanye West left Liverpool Echo Arena with a trophy for "Ultimate Urban" while 30 Seconds to Mars scored a victory on "Rock Out".
Full winners list of 2008 MTV European Music Awards:
- Europe's Favorite Act - Turkey's "Emre Aydin"
- Rock Out - 30 Seconds to Mars
- Ultimate Urban - Kanye West
- Act of 2008 - Britney Spears
- New Act - Katy Perry
- Best Act Ever - Rick Astley
- Most Addictive Track - Pink's "So What"
- Headliner - Tokio Hotel
- Album of the Year - Britney Spears' "Blackout"
- Ultimate Legend - Paul McCartney
More Britney Spears News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video