Full Winners of 2008 MTV European Music Awards
Britney Spears scored double glory at 2008 MTV European Music Awards. She took home a trophy for "Act of 2008", putting aside Amy Winehouse, Coldplay, Leona Lewis, and Rihanna. In addition, on "Album of the Year", her fifth studio album "Blackout" has beaten down Alicia Keys' "As I Am", Coldplay's "Viva La Vida", Duffy's "Rockferry", and Leona Lewis' "Spirit".
Unfortunately, the 26-year-old singer couldn't attend the MTV's extravagant night to collect her trophies but she managed to appear via satellite to give her acceptance speech. "Thank you again MTV. I cannot believe I won another EMA. This is another amazing night for me," the "Womanizer" hitmaker said.
Meanwhile, though her smash hit, "I Kissed a Girl" missed out on "Most Addictive Track" which was won by Pink's "So What", the event's host, Katy Perry, still managed to grab one prize from "New Act". She won over other such competitors as Duffy, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and OneRepublic.
Next winner from the awards was German band Tokio Hotel. They were awarded as "Headliner" after facing a stiff competition with Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Metallica, and The Cure. On other categories, Kanye West left Liverpool Echo Arena with a trophy for "Ultimate Urban" while 30 Seconds to Mars scored a victory on "Rock Out".
Full winners list of 2008 MTV European Music Awards:
- Europe's Favorite Act - Turkey's "Emre Aydin"
- Rock Out - 30 Seconds to Mars
- Ultimate Urban - Kanye West
- Act of 2008 - Britney Spears
- New Act - Katy Perry
- Best Act Ever - Rick Astley
- Most Addictive Track - Pink's "So What"
- Headliner - Tokio Hotel
- Album of the Year - Britney Spears' "Blackout"
- Ultimate Legend - Paul McCartney
More Britney Spears News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO