ABC Pull Alyssa Milano's Comedy, Reduce Two Midseason Shows
A new show starring Alyssa Milano has been pulled by ABC and ABC Studios even before it hits the screen. "Single with Parents" that was due for midseason 2009 premiere faces an obstruction which according to Variety is a form of creative differences. The studio said that the creative direction cannot be agreed upon and thus they have to pull the plug.
"Single with Parents" is a comedy that puts Milano as the main character named Lou. She is a thirtysomething woman who was trying to juggle her life while dealing with her dysfunctional family. The show is written by Kristin Newman who previously enrolled in "That '70s Show" and "How I Met Your Mother". Other cast in the show includes Annie Potts ("Men in Trees"), Beau Bridges ("My Name Is Earl"), and Vanessa Hudgens' younger sister, Stella Hudgens ("According to Jim").
"Single with Parents" was on ABC's agenda along with four other new pilots that the network wanted to introduce next year. The other shows that were scheduled are dramas "The Castle", "Cupid" and "The Unusuals" and another comedy "Better Off Ted". "The Castle" starring Nathan Fillion and "The Unusuals" starring Amber Tamblyn according to ABC's sources have been reduced to 10 episodes from 13 episodes each.
Therefore, ABC's midseason schedule will contain among others, the new season of "Lost", comedies "In the Motherhood", "The Goode Family" and the Courteney Cox-starring "Cougar Town".
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'