ABC Pull Alyssa Milano's Comedy, Reduce Two Midseason Shows
A new show starring Alyssa Milano has been pulled by ABC and ABC Studios even before it hits the screen. "Single with Parents" that was due for midseason 2009 premiere faces an obstruction which according to Variety is a form of creative differences. The studio said that the creative direction cannot be agreed upon and thus they have to pull the plug.
"Single with Parents" is a comedy that puts Milano as the main character named Lou. She is a thirtysomething woman who was trying to juggle her life while dealing with her dysfunctional family. The show is written by Kristin Newman who previously enrolled in "That '70s Show" and "How I Met Your Mother". Other cast in the show includes Annie Potts ("Men in Trees"), Beau Bridges ("My Name Is Earl"), and Vanessa Hudgens' younger sister, Stella Hudgens ("According to Jim").
"Single with Parents" was on ABC's agenda along with four other new pilots that the network wanted to introduce next year. The other shows that were scheduled are dramas "The Castle", "Cupid" and "The Unusuals" and another comedy "Better Off Ted". "The Castle" starring Nathan Fillion and "The Unusuals" starring Amber Tamblyn according to ABC's sources have been reduced to 10 episodes from 13 episodes each.
Therefore, ABC's midseason schedule will contain among others, the new season of "Lost", comedies "In the Motherhood", "The Goode Family" and the Courteney Cox-starring "Cougar Town".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic