Nikki Blonsky Takes Assistant Role on 'Ugly Betty'
ABC have announced that they have signed "Hairspray" star Nikki Blonsky to star in an episode of "Ugly Betty". Her role will be as an assistant at Elle magazine named Teri who "develops a friendship" with Betty "but who may have an agenda of her own."
The camera has begun rolling on Friday, October 31 for her episode which will air on December 4. No other details have been shared regarding her scenes. According to WENN, Blonsky has only signed on for one episode, but producers insist there could be more.
Blonsky is a Golden Globe-nominated actress who came to prominence with her musical role in "Hairspray". A talk of its sequel has been brought forward earlier this year, but it is still unclear whether Blonsky will reprise her role as Tracy Turnblad.
"Ugly Betty", starring America Ferrera as the titular character, has come to its third season, having among others Lindsay Lohan, Grant Bowler, Val Emmich as well as talk hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa as guest stars.
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds