Nikki Blonsky Takes Assistant Role on 'Ugly Betty'
ABC have announced that they have signed "Hairspray" star Nikki Blonsky to star in an episode of "Ugly Betty". Her role will be as an assistant at Elle magazine named Teri who "develops a friendship" with Betty "but who may have an agenda of her own."
The camera has begun rolling on Friday, October 31 for her episode which will air on December 4. No other details have been shared regarding her scenes. According to WENN, Blonsky has only signed on for one episode, but producers insist there could be more.
Blonsky is a Golden Globe-nominated actress who came to prominence with her musical role in "Hairspray". A talk of its sequel has been brought forward earlier this year, but it is still unclear whether Blonsky will reprise her role as Tracy Turnblad.
"Ugly Betty", starring America Ferrera as the titular character, has come to its third season, having among others Lindsay Lohan, Grant Bowler, Val Emmich as well as talk hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa as guest stars.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series