Nikki Blonsky Takes Assistant Role on 'Ugly Betty'
ABC have announced that they have signed "Hairspray" star Nikki Blonsky to star in an episode of "Ugly Betty". Her role will be as an assistant at Elle magazine named Teri who "develops a friendship" with Betty "but who may have an agenda of her own."
The camera has begun rolling on Friday, October 31 for her episode which will air on December 4. No other details have been shared regarding her scenes. According to WENN, Blonsky has only signed on for one episode, but producers insist there could be more.
Blonsky is a Golden Globe-nominated actress who came to prominence with her musical role in "Hairspray". A talk of its sequel has been brought forward earlier this year, but it is still unclear whether Blonsky will reprise her role as Tracy Turnblad.
"Ugly Betty", starring America Ferrera as the titular character, has come to its third season, having among others Lindsay Lohan, Grant Bowler, Val Emmich as well as talk hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa as guest stars.
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts