Nikki Blonsky Takes Assistant Role on 'Ugly Betty'
ABC have announced that they have signed "Hairspray" star Nikki Blonsky to star in an episode of "Ugly Betty". Her role will be as an assistant at Elle magazine named Teri who "develops a friendship" with Betty "but who may have an agenda of her own."
The camera has begun rolling on Friday, October 31 for her episode which will air on December 4. No other details have been shared regarding her scenes. According to WENN, Blonsky has only signed on for one episode, but producers insist there could be more.
Blonsky is a Golden Globe-nominated actress who came to prominence with her musical role in "Hairspray". A talk of its sequel has been brought forward earlier this year, but it is still unclear whether Blonsky will reprise her role as Tracy Turnblad.
"Ugly Betty", starring America Ferrera as the titular character, has come to its third season, having among others Lindsay Lohan, Grant Bowler, Val Emmich as well as talk hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa as guest stars.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie