Nikki Blonsky Takes Assistant Role on 'Ugly Betty'
ABC have announced that they have signed "Hairspray" star Nikki Blonsky to star in an episode of "Ugly Betty". Her role will be as an assistant at Elle magazine named Teri who "develops a friendship" with Betty "but who may have an agenda of her own."
The camera has begun rolling on Friday, October 31 for her episode which will air on December 4. No other details have been shared regarding her scenes. According to WENN, Blonsky has only signed on for one episode, but producers insist there could be more.
Blonsky is a Golden Globe-nominated actress who came to prominence with her musical role in "Hairspray". A talk of its sequel has been brought forward earlier this year, but it is still unclear whether Blonsky will reprise her role as Tracy Turnblad.
"Ugly Betty", starring America Ferrera as the titular character, has come to its third season, having among others Lindsay Lohan, Grant Bowler, Val Emmich as well as talk hosts Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa as guest stars.
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting