Amy Winehouse's Husband Released from Jail, Headed for Rehab
Blake Fielder-Civil, the husband of troubled singer Amy Winehouse, has been released from Edmunds Hill Prison in Suffolk, eastern England, on Wednesday, November 5. The British star was nowhere to be seen when Blake made his way out of the building, wearing a red-and-white striped t-shirt and his trademark trilby hat.
Blake was seen offering a huge smile for the paparazzi who were surrounding him outside the prison. Soon following his release, Blake reportedly will immediately head for rehab in Surrey to treat his drugs addiction. Checking into rehab center, according to reports, is one of the conditions the authorities granted him as a consequence of his early release.
Blake, who married Amy in May 2007 in secret ceremony, was arrested on November 8 last year on charges of assault and perverting the course of justice, stemming from a pub brawl in 2006. In June last year, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 27 months behind bars. It was reported at that time that he would have to serve about half that time, and had already been in jail for nine months when the sentence was passed.
Concerning the whereabouts of Blake's singer wife Amy, the songbird is claimed to have been staying at her house in London's Camden neighborhood after checking out of the London Clinic on Monday, November 3 following treatment for what is cited as "chest infection".
No comment has been made by Amy or Blake about his prison release. Their people also have yet issued statement on that matter.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital