Jack Black's Larger Than Life Role in 'Gulliver's Travels'
Shedding off his panda image from hit "Kung Fu Panda", Jack Black has taken a giant role in "Gulliver's Travels". The 39-year-old comedian is joining the 20th Century Fox's effort on bringing Jonathan Swift's classic tale into life by starring as the titular character Lemuel Gulliver in the studio's adaptation project.
As Gulliver, Black will portray a free-spirited travel writer who gets an assignment that sends him to the Bermuda Triangle. Somewhere along his journey, he suddenly finds himself stranded on the hidden island of Lilliput, making him a giant among the industrious, yet tiny, inhabitants. Still, before Black is seen in this movie, he will star as Zed in the June 2009 release comedy "Year One".
Black aside, also aboard the project are "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller and "Shrek" co-writer Joe Stillman. Principal photography has been scheduled to be kicked off sometime in March 2009 although no exact location has been picked yet. It will be produced by John Davis and Ben Cooley.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story