Jack Black's Larger Than Life Role in 'Gulliver's Travels'
Shedding off his panda image from hit "Kung Fu Panda", Jack Black has taken a giant role in "Gulliver's Travels". The 39-year-old comedian is joining the 20th Century Fox's effort on bringing Jonathan Swift's classic tale into life by starring as the titular character Lemuel Gulliver in the studio's adaptation project.
As Gulliver, Black will portray a free-spirited travel writer who gets an assignment that sends him to the Bermuda Triangle. Somewhere along his journey, he suddenly finds himself stranded on the hidden island of Lilliput, making him a giant among the industrious, yet tiny, inhabitants. Still, before Black is seen in this movie, he will star as Zed in the June 2009 release comedy "Year One".
Black aside, also aboard the project are "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller and "Shrek" co-writer Joe Stillman. Principal photography has been scheduled to be kicked off sometime in March 2009 although no exact location has been picked yet. It will be produced by John Davis and Ben Cooley.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert