Jack Black's Larger Than Life Role in 'Gulliver's Travels'
Shedding off his panda image from hit "Kung Fu Panda", Jack Black has taken a giant role in "Gulliver's Travels". The 39-year-old comedian is joining the 20th Century Fox's effort on bringing Jonathan Swift's classic tale into life by starring as the titular character Lemuel Gulliver in the studio's adaptation project.
As Gulliver, Black will portray a free-spirited travel writer who gets an assignment that sends him to the Bermuda Triangle. Somewhere along his journey, he suddenly finds himself stranded on the hidden island of Lilliput, making him a giant among the industrious, yet tiny, inhabitants. Still, before Black is seen in this movie, he will star as Zed in the June 2009 release comedy "Year One".
Black aside, also aboard the project are "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller and "Shrek" co-writer Joe Stillman. Principal photography has been scheduled to be kicked off sometime in March 2009 although no exact location has been picked yet. It will be produced by John Davis and Ben Cooley.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves