Jack Black's Larger Than Life Role in 'Gulliver's Travels'
Shedding off his panda image from hit "Kung Fu Panda", Jack Black has taken a giant role in "Gulliver's Travels". The 39-year-old comedian is joining the 20th Century Fox's effort on bringing Jonathan Swift's classic tale into life by starring as the titular character Lemuel Gulliver in the studio's adaptation project.
As Gulliver, Black will portray a free-spirited travel writer who gets an assignment that sends him to the Bermuda Triangle. Somewhere along his journey, he suddenly finds himself stranded on the hidden island of Lilliput, making him a giant among the industrious, yet tiny, inhabitants. Still, before Black is seen in this movie, he will star as Zed in the June 2009 release comedy "Year One".
Black aside, also aboard the project are "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" helmer Nicholas Stoller and "Shrek" co-writer Joe Stillman. Principal photography has been scheduled to be kicked off sometime in March 2009 although no exact location has been picked yet. It will be produced by John Davis and Ben Cooley.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered