Tina Fey Hangs Up Her Sarah Palin Impersonation
The U.S. general election has come to an end, and so has Tina Fey's impersonation of Republican senator Sarah Palin. The comedienne has confirmed that she will hang up her stint on "Saturday Night Live" as the fake Palin and hand out the baton to the show's regular, Kristen Wiig.
Fey, bearing a close resemblance to the politician, made a rating history for "SNL" when she performed a hilarious imitation of Palin alongside Amy Poehler as Hilary Clinton on September 13. She appeared in a couple more after that in the events leading to the November 4 election. She has previously said that after the fateful day, she would no longer play the role to concentrate on her day-time job, "30 Rock".
"I have to retire just because I have to do my day job," Fey told EW.com. "I think Wiig would do a really good job." Further when asked whether there would be a special ceremony to hand out the torch to Wiig, she said, "Maybe we could get a real torch. Or I could give Wiig the Palin wig."
"30 Rock" where Fey stars in as Liz Lemon, has premiered on October 30 and received a boost in rating by 20 per cent since Fey's appearance on "SNL".
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala