'Wanted 2' to Continue Wes' Journey
As challenging as it is to write the follow-up movie to "Wanted (2008)", screenwriter Chris Morgan apparently has had ideas in mind for "Wanted 2". Confirming to MTV about his return to the sequel, the writer of "Fast and Furious" hints on where the story will be brought, seeing that most of the characters in the first film are dead.
"That is the challenge here," Morgan points out the difficulty in making the second "Wanted" film before continuing to share his insight saying, "but the point is to continue the journey that Wes started in the first film. Wherever he ended up at the end of the film, now it's time to move him forward." Furthermore, he suggests that the sequel will be "opened up to be more global".
Other than talking about continuing the assassin story, he reveals that creator Mark Millar is in final talks with Universal Pictures for the sequel deal. "As far as I know, the studio is finishing their deal with Mark [Millar], and then we're all going to get together and collaborate," he claimed. "And that's something I'm very excited about." Nevertheless, there is no words yet whether Millar is going to pen the script for the follow-up.
While "Wanted 2" is slated for 2010 release with the possibility of Terence Stamp's character, Pekwarsky, getting a bigger role, the first "Wanted" movie is adapted from Millar's graphic novel and starred by James McAvoy as lead Wesley Gibson, Morgan Freeman as enemy-under-the-blanket Sloan and Angelina Jolie as trained assassin Fox. Since its debut in U.S. theaters on June 27, it has collected $339.1 million worldwide.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture