George Clooney's 'The Lone Ranger' Rumor Slammed
Contrary to the previous rumor, George Clooney hasn't snagged the title character in "The Lone Ranger" movie project. The dismissing of the speculation has been delivered by the "Lone Ranger" producer, Jerry Bruckheimer, himself in an interview with Coming Soon at the London set of "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".
On the occasion, the 63-year-old denied on the casting confirmation and stressed that before moving on to find the lead actor, the movie should get its director first. "We haven't decided who is going to play the Lone Ranger yet," he said of the matter. "Get a director first and then figure it out."
The rumor about Clooney touted as the masked Old West Texas Ranger was sparked by AICN back in September right after Disney announced that Johnny Depp will star as Tonto. At the time, it was said that Clooney has been considered by the studio for the part.
Adapted from George W. Trendle's classic old-time radio and early television show of the same name, "Lone Ranger" resolves around a masked Texas Ranger who survived the deathly ambush by a gang of outlaws. Accompanied by his native American assistant and white horse named Silver, he sets his sight to bring every outlaw in the Old West to justice. "Pirates of the Caribbean" scribblers Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio are in the process to finish the script, while the adaptation is yet to have any release date.
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards
- Desperate Bella Hadid Is Jealous of The Weeknd and Selena Gomez's Romance
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- AMC Renews 'Better Call Saul' for Season 4