'Bruno' Popped By Anti-Gay Marriage Rally
After creating quite a commotion at Agatha Ruiz de la Prada's show in Milan in September, Bruno, Sacha Baron Cohen's alter ego, made another memorable pop out in front of public. On Sunday, November 2, the gay Austrian fashion reporter turned up at a rally supporting Proposition 8, the anti-gay legislation, in Los Angeles.
Dressed in a blonde wig and blue sweater, Bruno marched with the demonstrators while being trailed by cameras in the rally across from City Hall. This public appearance of the fictional character is assumed to be another gate-crashing stunts done by Cohen for "Bruno", the new comedy film about the reporter who conducted gag interviews.
The Associated Press reported that in the beginning, Cohen sneaked into the rally as Bruno unnoticed. However, once photographers and reporters realized who he was and tried to approach the comedian, his film crew shielded him and eventually whisked him away in a van.
Previously, Cohen has disrupted a fashion show by designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada in Milan using his alter ego Bruno as his cover. Wearing a blond wig and dressed in a Velcro suit and black cloak with uncanny accessories, he stormed down the runway for a moment before being attained by the security.
"Bruno" is developed from one of Cohen's noted characters in comedy television series "Da Ali G Show". Directed by Dan Mazer, it is set to be debuted on the theaters nationwide on May 15, 2009. The movie is said to highlight the interviews between Bruno and unsuspecting guests, which allegedly include Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ben Affleck.
More Bruno News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl