'Bruno' Popped By Anti-Gay Marriage Rally
After creating quite a commotion at Agatha Ruiz de la Prada's show in Milan in September, Bruno, Sacha Baron Cohen's alter ego, made another memorable pop out in front of public. On Sunday, November 2, the gay Austrian fashion reporter turned up at a rally supporting Proposition 8, the anti-gay legislation, in Los Angeles.
Dressed in a blonde wig and blue sweater, Bruno marched with the demonstrators while being trailed by cameras in the rally across from City Hall. This public appearance of the fictional character is assumed to be another gate-crashing stunts done by Cohen for "Bruno", the new comedy film about the reporter who conducted gag interviews.
The Associated Press reported that in the beginning, Cohen sneaked into the rally as Bruno unnoticed. However, once photographers and reporters realized who he was and tried to approach the comedian, his film crew shielded him and eventually whisked him away in a van.
Previously, Cohen has disrupted a fashion show by designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada in Milan using his alter ego Bruno as his cover. Wearing a blond wig and dressed in a Velcro suit and black cloak with uncanny accessories, he stormed down the runway for a moment before being attained by the security.
"Bruno" is developed from one of Cohen's noted characters in comedy television series "Da Ali G Show". Directed by Dan Mazer, it is set to be debuted on the theaters nationwide on May 15, 2009. The movie is said to highlight the interviews between Bruno and unsuspecting guests, which allegedly include Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ben Affleck.
More Bruno News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed