'Bruno' Popped By Anti-Gay Marriage Rally
After creating quite a commotion at Agatha Ruiz de la Prada's show in Milan in September, Bruno, Sacha Baron Cohen's alter ego, made another memorable pop out in front of public. On Sunday, November 2, the gay Austrian fashion reporter turned up at a rally supporting Proposition 8, the anti-gay legislation, in Los Angeles.
Dressed in a blonde wig and blue sweater, Bruno marched with the demonstrators while being trailed by cameras in the rally across from City Hall. This public appearance of the fictional character is assumed to be another gate-crashing stunts done by Cohen for "Bruno", the new comedy film about the reporter who conducted gag interviews.
The Associated Press reported that in the beginning, Cohen sneaked into the rally as Bruno unnoticed. However, once photographers and reporters realized who he was and tried to approach the comedian, his film crew shielded him and eventually whisked him away in a van.
Previously, Cohen has disrupted a fashion show by designer Agatha Ruiz de la Prada in Milan using his alter ego Bruno as his cover. Wearing a blond wig and dressed in a Velcro suit and black cloak with uncanny accessories, he stormed down the runway for a moment before being attained by the security.
"Bruno" is developed from one of Cohen's noted characters in comedy television series "Da Ali G Show". Directed by Dan Mazer, it is set to be debuted on the theaters nationwide on May 15, 2009. The movie is said to highlight the interviews between Bruno and unsuspecting guests, which allegedly include Arnold Schwarzenegger and Ben Affleck.
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection