Akon Featured on Lionel Richie's Upcoming LP
For his next installment, Lionel Richie has signed rappers Akon and Ne-Yo as his collaborators. Both rappers will share writing credits with Richie on the follow-up to Richie's 2006 "Coming Home" which has sold 444,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Richie's next project is titled "Just Go" and scheduled to hit the U.S. stores on February 17, 2009 under Island Records. Beside listing Akon and Ne-Yo, the forthcoming effort will also have contributions from Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, Stargate, Johnta Austin and The-Dream.
While the album is still months away from its release date, the lead single off the record titled "Good Morning" has hit radio airplays on November 3. The new song can be listened after the jump. Aside from the just-revealed lead single, other concrete details from the album remain secret.
In related news, Richie is set to perform on Wednesday, November 5 on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" along with professional dancers Cheryl Burke, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Kym Johnson, and Tony Dovolani. He will also make a live appearance on December 31 on Dick Clark's "New Year's Rockin' Eve".
Audio stream of Lionel Richie's "Good Morning":
More Lionel Richie News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked