Akon Featured on Lionel Richie's Upcoming LP
For his next installment, Lionel Richie has signed rappers Akon and Ne-Yo as his collaborators. Both rappers will share writing credits with Richie on the follow-up to Richie's 2006 "Coming Home" which has sold 444,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Richie's next project is titled "Just Go" and scheduled to hit the U.S. stores on February 17, 2009 under Island Records. Beside listing Akon and Ne-Yo, the forthcoming effort will also have contributions from Christopher "Tricky" Stewart, Stargate, Johnta Austin and The-Dream.
While the album is still months away from its release date, the lead single off the record titled "Good Morning" has hit radio airplays on November 3. The new song can be listened after the jump. Aside from the just-revealed lead single, other concrete details from the album remain secret.
In related news, Richie is set to perform on Wednesday, November 5 on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" along with professional dancers Cheryl Burke, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Kym Johnson, and Tony Dovolani. He will also make a live appearance on December 31 on Dick Clark's "New Year's Rockin' Eve".
Audio stream of Lionel Richie's "Good Morning":
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?