Video Premiere: The All-American Rejects' 'Gives You Hell'
Four-piece rock band The All-American Rejects have premiered a music video in support of their brand new single, "Gives You Hell". Directed by Marc Webb and co-produced by DNA, the music video revolves around a feud between a happily-ever-after couple and their rocker neighbors.
"The video basically pits one neighbor against another terrible neighbor, who lives on a completely opposite schedule. He's not on the grid - he's not on, like the song says, 'a 9-to-5 pace.' And this guy's living the cookie-cutter life, with his white picket fence, and his wife who brings him lemonade when he's washing the car," frontman Tyson Ritter told MTV about the music video's concept. "So it's kind of like the clash of those worlds; only at the end, there's kind of a twist, where the two worlds kind of flip-flop. Yeah."
"Gives You Hell" is one of the new songs on the band's upcoming third major studio album, "When the World Comes Down". Set for U.S. release on December 16, the album will follow up their 2005 massive hit of "Move Along". "After the success of 'Move Along', we felt an innate need to challenge ourselves to grow. And to challenge our fans to grow with us. ... This LP is where we're at as people, not just artists, here and now. That's why we took the bus trips and locked ourselves away in remote cabins to recreate this sense of torture like we had in the past, before we sold any records," lead guitarist Nick Wheeler said.
The All-American Rejects' "Gives You Hell" music video:
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'