Two More Added to Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglourious Basterds' Cast
Two more actors have been recruited for "Inglourious Basterds". According to The Playlist, the two additional cast ensemble will be Academy Award-nominated actor Samuel L. Jackson and one time Cannes Best Actress Maggie Cheung.
Jackson reportedly will tackle the part as the film's narrator, while Cheung is said to portray Madame Mimieux, "the French matron of the Cinematheque" who takes in homeless Shosanna when she is chased by the Nazis. By joining the project, Jackson will once again work with Tarantino following his two previous collaborations with the awards-winning director on "Pulp Fiction" and "Jackie Brown".
Coming into the project that has fallen into its production sometime last month, both Jackson and Cheung will join the previously signed cast that include Brad Pitt, Mike Myers, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Michael Fassbender and Julie Dreyfus.
To deliver an intertwined story, "Basterds" focuses its tale on a group of Jewish soldiers set out to bring down the leaders of The Third Reich by blowing up a Parisian theater that premieres a Nazi propaganda film. At the same time, the flick also follows a French Jewish teenager who plots for a revenge on the Nazi at the same theater. This World War II film is expected to be released in 2009.
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip
- Bryce Dallas Howard Denies Chris Pratt Feud Rumors: I 'Worship' Him
- Zayn Malik Shaves His Beard - See How His Fans React!