Two More Added to Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglourious Basterds' Cast
Two more actors have been recruited for "Inglourious Basterds". According to The Playlist, the two additional cast ensemble will be Academy Award-nominated actor Samuel L. Jackson and one time Cannes Best Actress Maggie Cheung.
Jackson reportedly will tackle the part as the film's narrator, while Cheung is said to portray Madame Mimieux, "the French matron of the Cinematheque" who takes in homeless Shosanna when she is chased by the Nazis. By joining the project, Jackson will once again work with Tarantino following his two previous collaborations with the awards-winning director on "Pulp Fiction" and "Jackie Brown".
Coming into the project that has fallen into its production sometime last month, both Jackson and Cheung will join the previously signed cast that include Brad Pitt, Mike Myers, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Michael Fassbender and Julie Dreyfus.
To deliver an intertwined story, "Basterds" focuses its tale on a group of Jewish soldiers set out to bring down the leaders of The Third Reich by blowing up a Parisian theater that premieres a Nazi propaganda film. At the same time, the flick also follows a French Jewish teenager who plots for a revenge on the Nazi at the same theater. This World War II film is expected to be released in 2009.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart