Two More Added to Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglourious Basterds' Cast
Two more actors have been recruited for "Inglourious Basterds". According to The Playlist, the two additional cast ensemble will be Academy Award-nominated actor Samuel L. Jackson and one time Cannes Best Actress Maggie Cheung.
Jackson reportedly will tackle the part as the film's narrator, while Cheung is said to portray Madame Mimieux, "the French matron of the Cinematheque" who takes in homeless Shosanna when she is chased by the Nazis. By joining the project, Jackson will once again work with Tarantino following his two previous collaborations with the awards-winning director on "Pulp Fiction" and "Jackie Brown".
Coming into the project that has fallen into its production sometime last month, both Jackson and Cheung will join the previously signed cast that include Brad Pitt, Mike Myers, Diane Kruger, Melanie Laurent, Michael Fassbender and Julie Dreyfus.
To deliver an intertwined story, "Basterds" focuses its tale on a group of Jewish soldiers set out to bring down the leaders of The Third Reich by blowing up a Parisian theater that premieres a Nazi propaganda film. At the same time, the flick also follows a French Jewish teenager who plots for a revenge on the Nazi at the same theater. This World War II film is expected to be released in 2009.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story