Public Memorial Service for Jennifer Hudson's Family Set for Nov. 2
Hudson Funeral Home, which is owned by Jennifer Hudson's aunt and is handling the private memorial arrangements for her slain family, announced Friday, October 31 that a public memorial service for the performer's late mother Darnell Hudson Donerson, brother Jason Hudson, and nephew Julian King is planned for Sunday, November 2 at the South Side Chicago church where the Oscar-winner grew up singing. The service is slated to be held from 4 P.M. to 7 P.M. at the Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist Church, located at 4526 S. Greenwood in Chicago.
"The Hudson family welcomes anyone who wishes to attend and pay their respects to these three beloved members of the Chicago community," read the announcement made by Hudson Funeral Home. Hudson and her sister Julia, the mother of 7-year-old Julian, reportedly won't attend the service, which will be preceded by an hour-long private service at the church.
Following an early announcement made by the Hudson family regarding a private memorial service for their murdered loved ones, Hudson and her sister Julia have established a new foundation, called The Hudson-King Foundation for Families of Slain Victims, which is set up to honor Darnell, Jason, and Julian. The foundation is aimed "to care for the needs of families who have lost relatives to a violent crime," the family said in a statement. "This encompasses their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter as well as grief counseling."
And in lieu of flowers, the Hudson family is asking that donations to be made for the newly created foundation. Donations to the Hudson-King Foundation can be sent to c/o Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP Attn: William L. Abrams, Esq. 237 West 35th Street, 4th Floor New York, NY 10001.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels