Public Memorial Service for Jennifer Hudson's Family Set for Nov. 2
Hudson Funeral Home, which is owned by Jennifer Hudson's aunt and is handling the private memorial arrangements for her slain family, announced Friday, October 31 that a public memorial service for the performer's late mother Darnell Hudson Donerson, brother Jason Hudson, and nephew Julian King is planned for Sunday, November 2 at the South Side Chicago church where the Oscar-winner grew up singing. The service is slated to be held from 4 P.M. to 7 P.M. at the Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist Church, located at 4526 S. Greenwood in Chicago.
"The Hudson family welcomes anyone who wishes to attend and pay their respects to these three beloved members of the Chicago community," read the announcement made by Hudson Funeral Home. Hudson and her sister Julia, the mother of 7-year-old Julian, reportedly won't attend the service, which will be preceded by an hour-long private service at the church.
Following an early announcement made by the Hudson family regarding a private memorial service for their murdered loved ones, Hudson and her sister Julia have established a new foundation, called The Hudson-King Foundation for Families of Slain Victims, which is set up to honor Darnell, Jason, and Julian. The foundation is aimed "to care for the needs of families who have lost relatives to a violent crime," the family said in a statement. "This encompasses their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter as well as grief counseling."
And in lieu of flowers, the Hudson family is asking that donations to be made for the newly created foundation. Donations to the Hudson-King Foundation can be sent to c/o Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP Attn: William L. Abrams, Esq. 237 West 35th Street, 4th Floor New York, NY 10001.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner