Stars Saying Yes and No to 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
While the spin-off to "Melrose Place" is being baked in the oven by The CW, stars of the original series are coming out to give their status of involvement. Jennie Garth says no, Kelly Rutherford leaves a possibility and Lisa Rinna gives a definite yes.
Garth appeared for three episodes on the original show since 'Melrose Place' was introduced with a cross-over story from "Beverly Hills, 90210" involving Kelly Taylor. On the possibility of her, reprising the role, Garth says "No. I...no. I think they should keep it separate. And no, I don't want to do it." Garth made a return to "Beverly Hills, 90210" spin-off titled "90210" this Fall, playing Taylor.
Meanwhile, Rutherford who is now enrolled in "Gossip Girl" says that she will return to the spin-off if the price is right. "If they offered me a lot of money! I don't know, maybe, as a guest spot," she said to Us Weekly, adding "It would really depend, I think, on the script and how they would want me to come back." Rutherford played Megan, an ex-hooker who became Dr. Michael Mancini's wife.
On a better tone, Rinna who portrayed Taylor McBride in the '90s show, said that she will "beg" for it. She told Hollyscoop, "Do I want to be on it? What do u think? As shameless as I am, I was like 'should I call them and beg them?'"
Rinna in particular was one of the sources quoted earlier this year to have hinted the possibility of "Melrose Place" remake. The CW and CBS Paramount Network Television indeed said this week that they are "exploring" the possibility of creating a new version of the series, with tentative title "Melrose Place 2.0".
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences