Stars Saying Yes and No to 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
While the spin-off to "Melrose Place" is being baked in the oven by The CW, stars of the original series are coming out to give their status of involvement. Jennie Garth says no, Kelly Rutherford leaves a possibility and Lisa Rinna gives a definite yes.
Garth appeared for three episodes on the original show since 'Melrose Place' was introduced with a cross-over story from "Beverly Hills, 90210" involving Kelly Taylor. On the possibility of her, reprising the role, Garth says "No. I...no. I think they should keep it separate. And no, I don't want to do it." Garth made a return to "Beverly Hills, 90210" spin-off titled "90210" this Fall, playing Taylor.
Meanwhile, Rutherford who is now enrolled in "Gossip Girl" says that she will return to the spin-off if the price is right. "If they offered me a lot of money! I don't know, maybe, as a guest spot," she said to Us Weekly, adding "It would really depend, I think, on the script and how they would want me to come back." Rutherford played Megan, an ex-hooker who became Dr. Michael Mancini's wife.
On a better tone, Rinna who portrayed Taylor McBride in the '90s show, said that she will "beg" for it. She told Hollyscoop, "Do I want to be on it? What do u think? As shameless as I am, I was like 'should I call them and beg them?'"
Rinna in particular was one of the sources quoted earlier this year to have hinted the possibility of "Melrose Place" remake. The CW and CBS Paramount Network Television indeed said this week that they are "exploring" the possibility of creating a new version of the series, with tentative title "Melrose Place 2.0".
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film