Stars Saying Yes and No to 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
While the spin-off to "Melrose Place" is being baked in the oven by The CW, stars of the original series are coming out to give their status of involvement. Jennie Garth says no, Kelly Rutherford leaves a possibility and Lisa Rinna gives a definite yes.
Garth appeared for three episodes on the original show since 'Melrose Place' was introduced with a cross-over story from "Beverly Hills, 90210" involving Kelly Taylor. On the possibility of her, reprising the role, Garth says "No. I...no. I think they should keep it separate. And no, I don't want to do it." Garth made a return to "Beverly Hills, 90210" spin-off titled "90210" this Fall, playing Taylor.
Meanwhile, Rutherford who is now enrolled in "Gossip Girl" says that she will return to the spin-off if the price is right. "If they offered me a lot of money! I don't know, maybe, as a guest spot," she said to Us Weekly, adding "It would really depend, I think, on the script and how they would want me to come back." Rutherford played Megan, an ex-hooker who became Dr. Michael Mancini's wife.
On a better tone, Rinna who portrayed Taylor McBride in the '90s show, said that she will "beg" for it. She told Hollyscoop, "Do I want to be on it? What do u think? As shameless as I am, I was like 'should I call them and beg them?'"
Rinna in particular was one of the sources quoted earlier this year to have hinted the possibility of "Melrose Place" remake. The CW and CBS Paramount Network Television indeed said this week that they are "exploring" the possibility of creating a new version of the series, with tentative title "Melrose Place 2.0".
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March