Stars Saying Yes and No to 'Melrose Place' Spin-Off
While the spin-off to "Melrose Place" is being baked in the oven by The CW, stars of the original series are coming out to give their status of involvement. Jennie Garth says no, Kelly Rutherford leaves a possibility and Lisa Rinna gives a definite yes.
Garth appeared for three episodes on the original show since 'Melrose Place' was introduced with a cross-over story from "Beverly Hills, 90210" involving Kelly Taylor. On the possibility of her, reprising the role, Garth says "No. I...no. I think they should keep it separate. And no, I don't want to do it." Garth made a return to "Beverly Hills, 90210" spin-off titled "90210" this Fall, playing Taylor.
Meanwhile, Rutherford who is now enrolled in "Gossip Girl" says that she will return to the spin-off if the price is right. "If they offered me a lot of money! I don't know, maybe, as a guest spot," she said to Us Weekly, adding "It would really depend, I think, on the script and how they would want me to come back." Rutherford played Megan, an ex-hooker who became Dr. Michael Mancini's wife.
On a better tone, Rinna who portrayed Taylor McBride in the '90s show, said that she will "beg" for it. She told Hollyscoop, "Do I want to be on it? What do u think? As shameless as I am, I was like 'should I call them and beg them?'"
Rinna in particular was one of the sources quoted earlier this year to have hinted the possibility of "Melrose Place" remake. The CW and CBS Paramount Network Television indeed said this week that they are "exploring" the possibility of creating a new version of the series, with tentative title "Melrose Place 2.0".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service