'Slumdog Millionaire' Welcomes Trailer
"Slumdog Millionaire", the Cadillac People's Choice Award recipient from the 33rd Annual Toronto International Film Festival, has previewed a glimpse into its romantic comedy drama through newly released trailer. In the spirit of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" quiz, the trailer compacts the essence of the whole plot in one question with four multiple choice answers.
Telling the story of an illiterate Indian streetkid getting a chance to win the ultimate prize on India's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", "Slumdog" follows 18-year-old Jamal Malik, an orphan from the slums of Mumbai, who is one question away from winning 20 million rupees. But before getting to the last question, he is arrested under the suspicion of cheating forcing him to tell the story of his life from the slum he and his brother grew up to the girl he loved and lost.
Starring Dev Patel, this romantic drama comedy is based on Vikas Swarup's bestselling novel "Q and A". Adapted by Simon Beaufoy, it is directed by Danny Boyle and supported by Mia Drake, Anil Kapoor, Irfan Khan, Freida Pinto and Imran Hasnee. It will be screened in limited theaters across the North America starting on November 12 with Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Toronto.
"Slumdog Millionaire" Trailer:
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video