'Slumdog Millionaire' Welcomes Trailer
"Slumdog Millionaire", the Cadillac People's Choice Award recipient from the 33rd Annual Toronto International Film Festival, has previewed a glimpse into its romantic comedy drama through newly released trailer. In the spirit of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" quiz, the trailer compacts the essence of the whole plot in one question with four multiple choice answers.
Telling the story of an illiterate Indian streetkid getting a chance to win the ultimate prize on India's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", "Slumdog" follows 18-year-old Jamal Malik, an orphan from the slums of Mumbai, who is one question away from winning 20 million rupees. But before getting to the last question, he is arrested under the suspicion of cheating forcing him to tell the story of his life from the slum he and his brother grew up to the girl he loved and lost.
Starring Dev Patel, this romantic drama comedy is based on Vikas Swarup's bestselling novel "Q and A". Adapted by Simon Beaufoy, it is directed by Danny Boyle and supported by Mia Drake, Anil Kapoor, Irfan Khan, Freida Pinto and Imran Hasnee. It will be screened in limited theaters across the North America starting on November 12 with Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Toronto.
"Slumdog Millionaire" Trailer:
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered