'Slumdog Millionaire' Welcomes Trailer
"Slumdog Millionaire", the Cadillac People's Choice Award recipient from the 33rd Annual Toronto International Film Festival, has previewed a glimpse into its romantic comedy drama through newly released trailer. In the spirit of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" quiz, the trailer compacts the essence of the whole plot in one question with four multiple choice answers.
Telling the story of an illiterate Indian streetkid getting a chance to win the ultimate prize on India's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?", "Slumdog" follows 18-year-old Jamal Malik, an orphan from the slums of Mumbai, who is one question away from winning 20 million rupees. But before getting to the last question, he is arrested under the suspicion of cheating forcing him to tell the story of his life from the slum he and his brother grew up to the girl he loved and lost.
Starring Dev Patel, this romantic drama comedy is based on Vikas Swarup's bestselling novel "Q and A". Adapted by Simon Beaufoy, it is directed by Danny Boyle and supported by Mia Drake, Anil Kapoor, Irfan Khan, Freida Pinto and Imran Hasnee. It will be screened in limited theaters across the North America starting on November 12 with Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington D.C. and Toronto.
"Slumdog Millionaire" Trailer:
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show