Funeral Date Set for Jennifer Hudson's Slain Family, a New Foundation Established
A private memorial service has been set to be held on Monday morning, November 3 for Jennifer Hudson's mother, brother, and nephew. The service, set to take place at Apostolic Church of God at Chicago's South Side, will be closed to the public and only invited guests are welcomed.
At press time, no public memorial service is planned. However, an announcement is expected to be made by Hudson Funeral Home, which is owned by the Oscar winner's aunt and is handling the funeral and memorial arrangements, regarding a potential open memorial. In the meantime, shrines have already been erected and vigils are held outside the Englewood home where Hudson's mother Darnell Hudson Donerson, 57, and older brother Jason Hudson, 29, were found dead of multiple gunshot wounds last Friday, October 24.
In companion of the private memorial service, Hudson and her sister Julia announced on Thursday, October 30 the launch of The Hudson-King Foundation for Families of Slain Victims, which is set up to honor their murdered loved ones. The foundation, named after Hudson's late mother, brother, and nephew Julian King, aims "to care for the needs of families who have lost relatives to a violent crime," the family said in a statement. "This encompasses their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter as well as grief counseling." As reported by E! Online, in lieu of flowers, the Hudson family is asking that donations to be made for the newly created foundation.
Donations to the Hudson-King Foundation can be sent to c/o Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP Attn: William L. Abrams, Esq. 237 West 35th Street, 4th Floor New York, NY 10001.
Investigation is still undergoing on the case and police have yet made arrests in connection with the slaying. Hudson's brother-in-law, 27-year-old William Balfour, is still being held in custody and is considered a "person of interest." On Wednesday, October 29 police discovered what they believe as the murder's weapon, a .45 caliber gun. Balfour reportedly refuses to take a polygraph test.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked