Mark Millar's Idea of 'Superman' Reboot Involves Godfather Style
Planning on making a trilogy out of "Superman" reboot, comic book writer and creator Mark Millar talks more of his idea for the reimagining of the man of steel. To Empire, the 38-year-old shares his insight of the three-film series, from its comparison to "The Godfather" series to what the superhero movies will be dealing with.
Calling the project as "the Magnum Opus of Superman stories", Millar explains, "It's gonna be like Michael Corleone in The Godfather films, the entire story from beginning to end, you see where he starts, how he becomes who he becomes, and where that takes him." He then added, "The Dark Knight showed you can take a comic book property and make a serious film, and I think the studios are ready to listen to bigger ideas now."
Furthermore, the man behind "Wanted (2008)" comic reveals that he plans on chronicling the entire life of Kal-El from his birth to the last man left on Earth. "I want to start on Krypton, a thousand years ago, and end with Superman alone on Planet Earth, the last being left on the planet, as the yellow sun turns red and starts to supernova, and he loses his powers," he imagines.
Earlier, Millar has spoken out that he sees the "Superman" reboot project as an 8-hour Superman story divided into three films and released one after the other consecutively. At the time, he also hinted that his plan involves the start of production in Summer 2009. Nevertheless, it is still unclear whether "Superman" reboot will take the title of the scrapped sequel, "Superman: The Man of Steel".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie