Mark Millar's Idea of 'Superman' Reboot Involves Godfather Style
Planning on making a trilogy out of "Superman" reboot, comic book writer and creator Mark Millar talks more of his idea for the reimagining of the man of steel. To Empire, the 38-year-old shares his insight of the three-film series, from its comparison to "The Godfather" series to what the superhero movies will be dealing with.
Calling the project as "the Magnum Opus of Superman stories", Millar explains, "It's gonna be like Michael Corleone in The Godfather films, the entire story from beginning to end, you see where he starts, how he becomes who he becomes, and where that takes him." He then added, "The Dark Knight showed you can take a comic book property and make a serious film, and I think the studios are ready to listen to bigger ideas now."
Furthermore, the man behind "Wanted (2008)" comic reveals that he plans on chronicling the entire life of Kal-El from his birth to the last man left on Earth. "I want to start on Krypton, a thousand years ago, and end with Superman alone on Planet Earth, the last being left on the planet, as the yellow sun turns red and starts to supernova, and he loses his powers," he imagines.
Earlier, Millar has spoken out that he sees the "Superman" reboot project as an 8-hour Superman story divided into three films and released one after the other consecutively. At the time, he also hinted that his plan involves the start of production in Summer 2009. Nevertheless, it is still unclear whether "Superman" reboot will take the title of the scrapped sequel, "Superman: The Man of Steel".
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3