Lily Allen Sets Release Date for 'It's Not Me, It's You'
Lily Allen's sophomore studio album "It's Not Me, It's You" has finally gotten its release date. Scheduled to come out on February 9, 2009 in the U.K., the effort will be produced by Greg Kurstin and list a new country song titled "Not Fair".
"We decided to try and make bigger-sounding, more ethereal songs, real songs," Allen says, noting that the album will have jazz, country, and dance music sounds. "I wanted to work with one person from start to finish to make it one body of work. I wanted it to feel like it had some sort of integrity. I think I've grown up a bit as a person, and I hope it reflects that."
One of the new songs off the effort has been outed as a demo and it can be listened after the jump. Called "Everyone's At It", the single offers a critique on drug use with the lyrics "So you've got a prescription and that makes it legal/I find those excuses overwhelmingly feeble ... The kids are in danger/They're all getting hurt/From what I can see, everyone's at it."
Tracklisting of Lily Allen's "It's Not Me, It's You":
- "Everyone's At It"
- "The Fear"
- "It's Not Fair"
- "I Could Say"
- "Go Back To the Start"
- "Never Gonna Happen"
- "F*ck You"
- "Who'd've Known"
- "He Wasn't There"
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video