Lily Allen Sets Release Date for 'It's Not Me, It's You'
Lily Allen's sophomore studio album "It's Not Me, It's You" has finally gotten its release date. Scheduled to come out on February 9, 2009 in the U.K., the effort will be produced by Greg Kurstin and list a new country song titled "Not Fair".
"We decided to try and make bigger-sounding, more ethereal songs, real songs," Allen says, noting that the album will have jazz, country, and dance music sounds. "I wanted to work with one person from start to finish to make it one body of work. I wanted it to feel like it had some sort of integrity. I think I've grown up a bit as a person, and I hope it reflects that."
One of the new songs off the effort has been outed as a demo and it can be listened after the jump. Called "Everyone's At It", the single offers a critique on drug use with the lyrics "So you've got a prescription and that makes it legal/I find those excuses overwhelmingly feeble ... The kids are in danger/They're all getting hurt/From what I can see, everyone's at it."
Tracklisting of Lily Allen's "It's Not Me, It's You":
- "Everyone's At It"
- "The Fear"
- "It's Not Fair"
- "I Could Say"
- "Go Back To the Start"
- "Never Gonna Happen"
- "F*ck You"
- "Who'd've Known"
- "He Wasn't There"
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show