Lily Allen Sets Release Date for 'It's Not Me, It's You'
Lily Allen's sophomore studio album "It's Not Me, It's You" has finally gotten its release date. Scheduled to come out on February 9, 2009 in the U.K., the effort will be produced by Greg Kurstin and list a new country song titled "Not Fair".
"We decided to try and make bigger-sounding, more ethereal songs, real songs," Allen says, noting that the album will have jazz, country, and dance music sounds. "I wanted to work with one person from start to finish to make it one body of work. I wanted it to feel like it had some sort of integrity. I think I've grown up a bit as a person, and I hope it reflects that."
One of the new songs off the effort has been outed as a demo and it can be listened after the jump. Called "Everyone's At It", the single offers a critique on drug use with the lyrics "So you've got a prescription and that makes it legal/I find those excuses overwhelmingly feeble ... The kids are in danger/They're all getting hurt/From what I can see, everyone's at it."
Tracklisting of Lily Allen's "It's Not Me, It's You":
- "Everyone's At It"
- "The Fear"
- "It's Not Fair"
- "I Could Say"
- "Go Back To the Start"
- "Never Gonna Happen"
- "F*ck You"
- "Who'd've Known"
- "He Wasn't There"
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars