Royal Gala for 'Quantum of Solace' World Premiere
Highly anticipated by many of James Bond's fans, "Quantum of Solace" has delivered one memorable world premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square in London. On Wednesday, October 29, this first screening event for the 22nd Bond movie has become a royal gala benefiting Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion with the attendance of the British princes, William and Harry.
In company of the princes, Bond star Daniel Craig arrived at the premiere fully dressed in black tuxedo. Still sporting a sling for his injured shoulder, Craig was accompanied by his partner U.S. producer Satsuki Mitchell. Joining him for the event were his co-stars, Olga Kurylenko, Gemma Arterton, Giancarlo Giannini, Judi Dench and Mathieu Amalric, as well as Bond filmmakers, director Marc Forster and producer Barbara Broccoli.
Also at the special event were Samantha Bond, Elle Macpherson, Katherine Jenkins, Robbie Coltrane, Rick Yune, Karen Elson, Meredith Ostrom, Paul Simonon and Peter Gabriel. In addition, other notable people also spotted strolling down the red carpet included Boris Johnson, Chris Hoy, Alexander Hanson, Jenni Falconer, Michael Grade, Mohammed Al Fayed and Tamara Beckwith.
The glitzy gala was opened by a performance by The White Stripes singer, who wrote "Quantum" theme, Jack White. After the screening, it is said that the bash was brought to Battersea Power Station for a no-expense spared one million pound after party. A video from the premiere arrival can be seen below.
To be distributed by Columbia Pictures on November 14 in the U.S., "Solace" resolves around the adventures of Bond in a manipulative and dangerous mission of uncovering the truth behind the organization which blackmailed his former lover Vesper while fighting the urge to avenge his broken heart.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy