Royal Gala for 'Quantum of Solace' World Premiere
Highly anticipated by many of James Bond's fans, "Quantum of Solace" has delivered one memorable world premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square in London. On Wednesday, October 29, this first screening event for the 22nd Bond movie has become a royal gala benefiting Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion with the attendance of the British princes, William and Harry.
In company of the princes, Bond star Daniel Craig arrived at the premiere fully dressed in black tuxedo. Still sporting a sling for his injured shoulder, Craig was accompanied by his partner U.S. producer Satsuki Mitchell. Joining him for the event were his co-stars, Olga Kurylenko, Gemma Arterton, Giancarlo Giannini, Judi Dench and Mathieu Amalric, as well as Bond filmmakers, director Marc Forster and producer Barbara Broccoli.
Also at the special event were Samantha Bond, Elle Macpherson, Katherine Jenkins, Robbie Coltrane, Rick Yune, Karen Elson, Meredith Ostrom, Paul Simonon and Peter Gabriel. In addition, other notable people also spotted strolling down the red carpet included Boris Johnson, Chris Hoy, Alexander Hanson, Jenni Falconer, Michael Grade, Mohammed Al Fayed and Tamara Beckwith.
The glitzy gala was opened by a performance by The White Stripes singer, who wrote "Quantum" theme, Jack White. After the screening, it is said that the bash was brought to Battersea Power Station for a no-expense spared one million pound after party. A video from the premiere arrival can be seen below.
To be distributed by Columbia Pictures on November 14 in the U.S., "Solace" resolves around the adventures of Bond in a manipulative and dangerous mission of uncovering the truth behind the organization which blackmailed his former lover Vesper while fighting the urge to avenge his broken heart.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs