Fellow Music Stars Offer Support for Jennifer Hudson
Condolences and messages of support haven't stopped coming in for Jennifer Hudson and the rest of her family following the tragic deaths of her mother, brother, and nephew, with the latest offering their prayers are Nelly and Ashanti. In addition to both music stars, Hudson's "Sex and the City" co-star Mario Cantone also offers his words of wisdom related to the case.
"It's insane," actress-singer Ashanti told MTV News on Monday night, October 27, when referring to the tragedy that Hudson has experienced. "I can't even express it, the pain that she must be going through. I can't imagine going through that. I just pray that she's strong and she takes the time to heal herself. My prayers go out to her and her family. God bless."
As for Nelly, he told MTV it's time that will heal Hudson's wounds caused by the triple-homicide. "It's a rough thing to talk about," the hip hop artist said. "It's like, what do you say? You really don't know what to say to a person when you talk about death or losing a loved one. Hopefully, that will help her stay strong. Hopefully, there will come a day where she can move on from it. But I don't think she'll ever forget about it." He, moreover, also urged everyone to send their "blessings and positive energy" to Hudson.
Mario, who played Anthony Marentino on "Sex and the City" movie, commented, "life is so fragile and unpredictable and scary" that people will never know what could happen to them. "Here she is - she's so sweet and lovely, she's brilliant, her album is on the top of the charts - and then this happens," the actor said. "I feel so awful for her. I just can't imagine what she's going through."
"If she wants to throw herself into her work, great," Mario continued telling MTV News. "If she doesn't, she shouldn't. She should do what she needs to do and not let anybody tell her what to do. I just hope she takes all the time she needs and surrounds herself with everyone who loves her so that she can get through this in her own way and in her own time."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says