Fellow Music Stars Offer Support for Jennifer Hudson
Condolences and messages of support haven't stopped coming in for Jennifer Hudson and the rest of her family following the tragic deaths of her mother, brother, and nephew, with the latest offering their prayers are Nelly and Ashanti. In addition to both music stars, Hudson's "Sex and the City" co-star Mario Cantone also offers his words of wisdom related to the case.
"It's insane," actress-singer Ashanti told MTV News on Monday night, October 27, when referring to the tragedy that Hudson has experienced. "I can't even express it, the pain that she must be going through. I can't imagine going through that. I just pray that she's strong and she takes the time to heal herself. My prayers go out to her and her family. God bless."
As for Nelly, he told MTV it's time that will heal Hudson's wounds caused by the triple-homicide. "It's a rough thing to talk about," the hip hop artist said. "It's like, what do you say? You really don't know what to say to a person when you talk about death or losing a loved one. Hopefully, that will help her stay strong. Hopefully, there will come a day where she can move on from it. But I don't think she'll ever forget about it." He, moreover, also urged everyone to send their "blessings and positive energy" to Hudson.
Mario, who played Anthony Marentino on "Sex and the City" movie, commented, "life is so fragile and unpredictable and scary" that people will never know what could happen to them. "Here she is - she's so sweet and lovely, she's brilliant, her album is on the top of the charts - and then this happens," the actor said. "I feel so awful for her. I just can't imagine what she's going through."
"If she wants to throw herself into her work, great," Mario continued telling MTV News. "If she doesn't, she shouldn't. She should do what she needs to do and not let anybody tell her what to do. I just hope she takes all the time she needs and surrounds herself with everyone who loves her so that she can get through this in her own way and in her own time."
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'