Death of Jennifer Hudson's Nephew Ruled Homicide, Mother Blogs About Son
The Cook County Medical Examiner's office confirmed Tuesday, October 28 that the death of Jennifer Hudson's nephew, 7-year-old Julian King, was ruled a homicide. Citing an ongoing investigation, the authorities didn't provide details about on which body part the child suffered wounds or how long he had been dead.
Julian, the son of Hudson's sister Julia Hudson, was declared missing soon following the killing of Hudson's mother Darnell Hudson Donerson, 57, and older brother Jason Hudson, 29, last Friday, October 24. An Amber Alert had been issued for him and a $100,000 reward had also been offered by his family for his safe return.
On Monday morning, October 27, Julian's dead body was found "in the rear seat" of a white Chevrolet Suburban on Chicago's West Side. The body reportedly suffered multiple gunshot wounds and was claimed to have been shot once in the head. Hudson and several of her family members visited the medical examiner's office later that day to identify the body. It was the former "American Idol" contestant who identified him, saying "Yes, that is him."
In the wake of the official confirmation that Julian's death was a homicide, his mother Julia took to her MySpace blog to share her feeling. In the "About Me" section, she wrote, "Because I chose to do what was natural to me and love someone, it cost me my beautiful family. My wonderful, beautiful, loving, supporting mother Darnell, my true blue baby brother Jason ... and last but never not least, my only son Julian, my innocent baby that was sheltered from all the evil in the world because we loved him so much."
"His lil soul is at ease. I take comfort in knowing that Julian is with my mother and my brother," Julia continued writing. "Now he's my angel. He's protecting me." She, moreover, also wrote on her MySpace blog that she thanked everyone for their encouragement, prayers and tribute to her son.
Meanwhile, Julian's step father and Julia's estranged husband, William Balfour, 27, who's been declared by the police as a "person of interest" in the case, remains in custody on a parole violation. He hasn't been charged with any crime just yet.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'