Elle MacPherson 'Emphatically Denies' She's Dating Brian Burgess
Putting to rest the false Internet reports claiming she is dating convicted drugs trafficker Brian Burgess, Elle MacPherson has on Monday, October 27, issued a statement through her legal attorney, denying "there is any romantic association" between her and the British-born businessman. She even threatened to take legal action against any media outlet that reported the false story.
"Miss Macpherson emphatically denies that there is any romantic association between her and Mr Brian Burgess," an attorney for the Australian supermodel said in a statement. "Miss Macpherson is disappointed her friendship with Mr Burgess has been so casually misrepresented for commercial sensationalism. Furthermore Miss Macpherson has a reasonable expectation of privacy in relation to her personal life; in the absence of a romantic element, the publication of the photograph and the innuendo created by it is a gross interference of Miss Macpherson's rights."
On Monday, October 27, Internet reports were abuzz that MacPherson and Burgess were dating after a picture of her driving him in her classic convertible Aston Martin in London emerged. News of The World even quoted a source as saying Burgess was overheard telling a salesman in a showroom in Chelsea "he had been seeing a new girlfriend for a few weeks" adding that she would pick him up. After that MacPherson turned up in her car, leading to assumption that she was his new girlfriend.
Report on MacPherson and Burgess' alleged romance set tongue wagging due to the fact that he is a convicted drugs trafficker. The 56-year-old man was found guilty of drug trafficking in the New South Wales District Court in 1996 after he tried to smuggle 2kg of cocaine inside hollowed-out books from the U.S. to Australia. He, as a consequence, was sentenced to four years in prison. After serving his sentence, he was deported to England. At that time he was leaving behind a wife, named Jennifer, and three young children.
On that matter, MacPherson's lawyer stated the catwalk queen "is aware of Mr Burgess's past conduct and also that Mr Burgess has and continues to take significant steps towards restoring his life," adding "Any continued misrepresentation or invasion of privacy is likely to be the subject of legal proceedings."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'