'Footloose' Planned for Spring Production
Following the success of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" on collecting big bucks at the box office, "Footloose", another dancing movie from director Kenny Ortega, has been pushed forward by Paramount Pictures. According to Variety, the modern version of 1984 Herbert Ross' movie, is now prepared to see its production kicked off in Spring 2009.
In order to make sure everything is ready for Spring production, Paramount have brought in "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" director Peter Sollett to the writing crew. Sollett will rewrite the script penned by Jon Hartmere. Additionally, the studio have also signed on Craig Zadan and Neil Meron as the producers alongside Dylan Sellers.
Earlier, it has been announced that "HSM 3" star Zac Efron will take on Ren McCormack, the role made famous by Kevin Bacon in the original movie. On his participation, this newest Hollywood hunk previously commented, "I'll always be open to more musicals. I think they're fun and I think it's our responsibility as performers to try and keep them alive. I love Footloose - it's a great movie."
The original "Footloose" film was directed by Herbert Ross and starred by Bacon and Sarah Jessica Parker. It tells the story of Ren McCormack, a teenager who moves to a small town where dancing and rock music are banned. Striving to have a memorable senior prom with music and dancing, he and his friends try to find a way around the law.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'