'Footloose' Planned for Spring Production
Following the success of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" on collecting big bucks at the box office, "Footloose", another dancing movie from director Kenny Ortega, has been pushed forward by Paramount Pictures. According to Variety, the modern version of 1984 Herbert Ross' movie, is now prepared to see its production kicked off in Spring 2009.
In order to make sure everything is ready for Spring production, Paramount have brought in "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" director Peter Sollett to the writing crew. Sollett will rewrite the script penned by Jon Hartmere. Additionally, the studio have also signed on Craig Zadan and Neil Meron as the producers alongside Dylan Sellers.
Earlier, it has been announced that "HSM 3" star Zac Efron will take on Ren McCormack, the role made famous by Kevin Bacon in the original movie. On his participation, this newest Hollywood hunk previously commented, "I'll always be open to more musicals. I think they're fun and I think it's our responsibility as performers to try and keep them alive. I love Footloose - it's a great movie."
The original "Footloose" film was directed by Herbert Ross and starred by Bacon and Sarah Jessica Parker. It tells the story of Ren McCormack, a teenager who moves to a small town where dancing and rock music are banned. Striving to have a memorable senior prom with music and dancing, he and his friends try to find a way around the law.
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment