'Footloose' Planned for Spring Production
Following the success of "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" on collecting big bucks at the box office, "Footloose", another dancing movie from director Kenny Ortega, has been pushed forward by Paramount Pictures. According to Variety, the modern version of 1984 Herbert Ross' movie, is now prepared to see its production kicked off in Spring 2009.
In order to make sure everything is ready for Spring production, Paramount have brought in "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" director Peter Sollett to the writing crew. Sollett will rewrite the script penned by Jon Hartmere. Additionally, the studio have also signed on Craig Zadan and Neil Meron as the producers alongside Dylan Sellers.
Earlier, it has been announced that "HSM 3" star Zac Efron will take on Ren McCormack, the role made famous by Kevin Bacon in the original movie. On his participation, this newest Hollywood hunk previously commented, "I'll always be open to more musicals. I think they're fun and I think it's our responsibility as performers to try and keep them alive. I love Footloose - it's a great movie."
The original "Footloose" film was directed by Herbert Ross and starred by Bacon and Sarah Jessica Parker. It tells the story of Ren McCormack, a teenager who moves to a small town where dancing and rock music are banned. Striving to have a memorable senior prom with music and dancing, he and his friends try to find a way around the law.
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer