Video Premiere: Mariah Carey's 'I Stay in Love'
Mariah Carey premieres a music video directed by her husband, Nick Cannon, in support of her new song "I Stay in Love". Shot at The Bank Nightclub of The Bellagio Hotel and Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada with a story line Cannon and Carey co-wrote, the video shows Carey landing the part as a woman earning her money by performing as a showgirl.
After a show at a nightclub, her in-video lover is flirting with another showgirl while Carey is in the dressing room changing costume and cleaning her make-up. Furious at what she sees outside the room, Carey leaves the club without giving the man time to explain what just happened. The scene is then switched to a capture of her on a dessert driving her car while recalling her bittersweet memories with her boyfriend.
"I Stay in Love" is a song written by Carey, Bryan-Michael Cox, Kendrick "Wyldcard" Dean, and Adonis Shropshire for her eleventh studio album, "E=MC²". With production team including Jermaine Dupri, will.i.am, The Game, and StarGate, her effort has been released in the U.S. on April 8 as a follow-up to her 2005 album "The Emancipation of Mimi".
In related news, Carey will reportedly make a live appearance on November 8 on ITV1's "X Factor" "Simon Cowell loves Mariah. He's always comparing acts to her. And finally all the compliments have paid off. It's amazing to have such a big name singing on a British talent show," a source from the show tells The Sun.
Mariah Carey's "I Stay in Love" music video:
More Mariah Carey News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test