Video Premiere: Mariah Carey's 'I Stay in Love'
Mariah Carey premieres a music video directed by her husband, Nick Cannon, in support of her new song "I Stay in Love". Shot at The Bank Nightclub of The Bellagio Hotel and Casino Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada with a story line Cannon and Carey co-wrote, the video shows Carey landing the part as a woman earning her money by performing as a showgirl.
After a show at a nightclub, her in-video lover is flirting with another showgirl while Carey is in the dressing room changing costume and cleaning her make-up. Furious at what she sees outside the room, Carey leaves the club without giving the man time to explain what just happened. The scene is then switched to a capture of her on a dessert driving her car while recalling her bittersweet memories with her boyfriend.
"I Stay in Love" is a song written by Carey, Bryan-Michael Cox, Kendrick "Wyldcard" Dean, and Adonis Shropshire for her eleventh studio album, "E=MC²". With production team including Jermaine Dupri, will.i.am, The Game, and StarGate, her effort has been released in the U.S. on April 8 as a follow-up to her 2005 album "The Emancipation of Mimi".
In related news, Carey will reportedly make a live appearance on November 8 on ITV1's "X Factor" "Simon Cowell loves Mariah. He's always comparing acts to her. And finally all the compliments have paid off. It's amazing to have such a big name singing on a British talent show," a source from the show tells The Sun.
Mariah Carey's "I Stay in Love" music video:
More Mariah Carey News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says