Christopher Nolan on the Possibility of Him Returning for 'Batman 3'
Coming back from his long vacation after delivering the highly successful "The Dark Knight", Christopher Nolan finally steps up to the plate about the speculation of his return to third Batman movie. Talking to Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times, the two-time director of Batman movies insists that his return will depend on the story when asked whether he can see himself not making "Batman 3".
Of it, he diplomatically states, "There are two things to be said. One is the emphasis on story. What's the story? Is there a story that's going to keep me emotionally invested for the couple of years that it will take to make another one? That's the overriding question. On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name?"
"At the same time, in taking on the second one, we had the challenge of trying to make a great second movie, and there haven't been too many of those either," he then adds. "It's all about the story really. If the story is there, everything is possible. I hope that was a suitably slippery answer." Apart from addressing his hypothetical return, Nolan also talks about Joker, the success of "Dark Knight" and whether he considers to do smaller production. All of which can be read via L.A. Times.
All rumors aside, much about "Batman 3" which is said to be tentatively entitled "The Caped Crusade" remain unclear. The speculation over this follow-up movie has grown since "Dark Knight" displayed its amazing run at the box office. The second highest grossing movie of all time following James Cameron's 1997 "Titanic", "Dark Knight" has collected so far $991.3 million worldwide since its release on July 18.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal