Christopher Nolan on the Possibility of Him Returning for 'Batman 3'
Coming back from his long vacation after delivering the highly successful "The Dark Knight", Christopher Nolan finally steps up to the plate about the speculation of his return to third Batman movie. Talking to Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times, the two-time director of Batman movies insists that his return will depend on the story when asked whether he can see himself not making "Batman 3".
Of it, he diplomatically states, "There are two things to be said. One is the emphasis on story. What's the story? Is there a story that's going to keep me emotionally invested for the couple of years that it will take to make another one? That's the overriding question. On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name?"
"At the same time, in taking on the second one, we had the challenge of trying to make a great second movie, and there haven't been too many of those either," he then adds. "It's all about the story really. If the story is there, everything is possible. I hope that was a suitably slippery answer." Apart from addressing his hypothetical return, Nolan also talks about Joker, the success of "Dark Knight" and whether he considers to do smaller production. All of which can be read via L.A. Times.
All rumors aside, much about "Batman 3" which is said to be tentatively entitled "The Caped Crusade" remain unclear. The speculation over this follow-up movie has grown since "Dark Knight" displayed its amazing run at the box office. The second highest grossing movie of all time following James Cameron's 1997 "Titanic", "Dark Knight" has collected so far $991.3 million worldwide since its release on July 18.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child