Supermodel Elle MacPherson Dating Convicted Drugs Trafficker Brian Burgess
It appears that Elle MacPherson has moved on from her failed relationship with former fiance, billionaire philanthropist Arpad Busson, as she reportedly has found a new man to date, British-born businessman Brian John Burgess. Her alleged romance with the 56-year-old man has been put under the media microscope since he reportedly is a convicted drugs trafficker.
MacPherson and Burgess' first meeting happened when she hired his removal company, Aussie Man & Van, to move from London's Notting Hill to nearby Ladbroke Grove this summer. The supermodel was seen driving him in her classic convertible Aston Martin in London recently. It was since that time that dating reports began to spark.
Herald Sun quoted News of The World as reporting that before MacPherson picked him up, Burgess had been looking at new Jaguars in a showroom in Chelsea. "The salesman was an Aussie and they were getting on great," a source testified. "Brian was saying how he had been seeing a new girlfriend for a few weeks. He added, I've got to go, she's picking me up. Then Elle turns up in her car. I couldn't believe it."
Burgess had lived in Australia from the age of 17 after emigrating from the U.K. He was found guilty of drug trafficking in the New South Wales District Court in 1996 after he tried to smuggle 2kg of cocaine inside hollowed-out books from the U.S. to Australia. He, as a consequence, was sentenced to four years in prison. After serving his sentence, he was deported to England. At that time he was leaving behind a wife, named Jennifer, and three young children.
Though so, Aussie Man & Van manager, John Hess, stated Burgess' drugs conviction was "all in the past" adding, "This guy spends most of his time counseling people with drug and alcohol addiction."
MacPherson and Arpad, who is a financier, got engaged in 2002, but split in 2005. They have two children together; sons Arpad Flynn Busson and Aurelius Cy Andre Busson. Arpad is currently engaged to 38-year-old actress Uma Thurman.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show