Amy Poehler Gives Birth to Baby Boy Hours Before 'SNL'
"Saturday Night Live" cast member Amy Poehler gave birth to a baby boy just hours before she was to appear on the show. The baby, named Archie Arnett, weighed in at 8 lbs., 1 oz. at time of birth. He is Amy and her actor husband Will Arnett's first child.
"On behalf of Amy and Will, I can confirm that Amy gave birth to Archie Arnett on Saturday, October 25th," the actress' representative Lewis Kay said in a statement. "Amy, Will and Archie are all healthy and resting comfortably," Lewis added.
Announcement on the birth of Amy's son was first made by her co-anchor Seth Meyers who publicly said during the "Weekend Update" segment of "SNL", "Amy Poehler is not here tonight because she is having a baby."
Back in April, Amy announced that she and Will were expecting a baby. Sharing her feeling about the baby she was carrying, she told People magazine in July, "I've been very lucky. I'm feeling good, and I'm just overwhelmed with blessings."
Personal life aside, Amy has previously confirmed she would no longer join the "SNL" cast as a regular after maternity leave. She will return to NBC in the spring as the star of an as-yet-untitled primetime comedy, which is created by the producers of "The Office."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?