Amy Poehler Gives Birth to Baby Boy Hours Before 'SNL'
"Saturday Night Live" cast member Amy Poehler gave birth to a baby boy just hours before she was to appear on the show. The baby, named Archie Arnett, weighed in at 8 lbs., 1 oz. at time of birth. He is Amy and her actor husband Will Arnett's first child.
"On behalf of Amy and Will, I can confirm that Amy gave birth to Archie Arnett on Saturday, October 25th," the actress' representative Lewis Kay said in a statement. "Amy, Will and Archie are all healthy and resting comfortably," Lewis added.
Announcement on the birth of Amy's son was first made by her co-anchor Seth Meyers who publicly said during the "Weekend Update" segment of "SNL", "Amy Poehler is not here tonight because she is having a baby."
Back in April, Amy announced that she and Will were expecting a baby. Sharing her feeling about the baby she was carrying, she told People magazine in July, "I've been very lucky. I'm feeling good, and I'm just overwhelmed with blessings."
Personal life aside, Amy has previously confirmed she would no longer join the "SNL" cast as a regular after maternity leave. She will return to NBC in the spring as the star of an as-yet-untitled primetime comedy, which is created by the producers of "The Office."
More Amy Poehler News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video