Jennifer Hudson Blogs About Family's Murder, Offers Reward for Missing Nephew
Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson took to her MySpace blog Saturday, October 25 to thank people for their outpouring support for her and her family in the wake of her mother and brother's murder the day before. She, additionally, asked for the public's help for the safe return of her missing 7-year-old nephew, Julian King. In companion with the post, Hudson also posted two photographs of Julian to make it easier for people to notice him.
"Thank you all for your prayers and your calls," the posting, signed by The Hudson Family, read. "Please keep praying for our family and that we get Julian King back home safely. If anyone has any information about his whereabouts please contact the authorities immediately. Here is a picture of Julian and what he was last seen wearing. Once again thank you all for being there for us through this tough time."
On the same day, Hudson's sister Julia Hudson made a plea for public's help to find her son Julian, who's often called "Juice Box" or "Dr. King." In a press conference, taking place at Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist Church, she said, "All I ask, I don't care who you are, just let my baby go. I just want my son back. He doesn't deserve this." She was accompanied by Julian's father Greg King.
On Sunday evening, October 26, Hudson and her family made an offer of a $100,000 reward for the safe return of Julian. "Jennifer and her family appreciate the enormous amount of love, support and prayers they have received while she and her family try to cope with this tragedy and continue the search for Julian," said a statement issued by Hudson's rep Lisa Kasteler. Offering the reward, the family asked the public to give any available information to the Chicago police. "We ask that all inquiries be directed to the Chicago Police Department, Area 1 Detective Division at 312/747-8380," the statement read.
Meanwhile, investigation is still undergoing on the case. William Balfour, the one and only suspect related to the case, has been put in custody since Friday, October 24, only hours after Hudson's mother Darnell Hudson Donerson, 57, and older brother Jason Hudson, 29, were found dead inside the family's residence, 7019 South Yale Avenue, at 2:44 P.M. He hasn't been charged with any crime just yet.
At press time, the F.B.I. has joined the Chicago police in an intensive search for Julian. "I can confirm that we have been asked to provide assistance to the Chicago police department to assist in the search for 7-year-old Julian King," Ross Rice, special agent and spokesman for the Chicago office of F.B.I. told People magazine.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo
- Migos Pays Tribute to WWE Legend Scotty 2 Hotty on New Banger 'To Hotty'
- Get Sneak Peeks of 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale in These Photos
- Report: Miranda Kerr and Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel to Marry in Private Backyard Wedding This Weekend
- 'The 100' Promotes Tasya Teles to Regular, Floriana Lima Will Return as Recurring on 'Supergirl'