Catherine Zeta-Jones Eyed for 'Cleopatra' 3-D Musical
Catherine Zeta-Jones is going back to do a musical movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the Academy Award recipient for her performance in drama musical "Chicago" has been touted to star as iconic Egyptian queen, Cleopatra, in the proposed rock-n-roll musical, "Untitled 3-D Cleopatra Musical Project".
Reportedly, Zeta-Jones becomes involved in the live-action 3-D project after director Stephen Soderbergh, who has been signed to helm the project, announced that he wants the 39-year-old for the prominent role. If she indeed stars as Cleopatra, she is most likely to share screen with Hugh Jackman since Jackman is in talks to star as Cleopatra's lover, Mark Antony.
Retelling the story of Cleopatra, Antony and Julius Caesar, this $30 million musical project has just got Soderbergh on board. To be produced by Greg Jacobs and Casey Silver, it will be scripted by James Greer, while the music has been penned by indie rock band Guided by Voices, which used to have Greer as the band's bass player.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young