Catherine Zeta-Jones Eyed for 'Cleopatra' 3-D Musical
Catherine Zeta-Jones is going back to do a musical movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the Academy Award recipient for her performance in drama musical "Chicago" has been touted to star as iconic Egyptian queen, Cleopatra, in the proposed rock-n-roll musical, "Untitled 3-D Cleopatra Musical Project".
Reportedly, Zeta-Jones becomes involved in the live-action 3-D project after director Stephen Soderbergh, who has been signed to helm the project, announced that he wants the 39-year-old for the prominent role. If she indeed stars as Cleopatra, she is most likely to share screen with Hugh Jackman since Jackman is in talks to star as Cleopatra's lover, Mark Antony.
Retelling the story of Cleopatra, Antony and Julius Caesar, this $30 million musical project has just got Soderbergh on board. To be produced by Greg Jacobs and Casey Silver, it will be scripted by James Greer, while the music has been penned by indie rock band Guided by Voices, which used to have Greer as the band's bass player.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny