Catherine Zeta-Jones Eyed for 'Cleopatra' 3-D Musical
Catherine Zeta-Jones is going back to do a musical movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the Academy Award recipient for her performance in drama musical "Chicago" has been touted to star as iconic Egyptian queen, Cleopatra, in the proposed rock-n-roll musical, "Untitled 3-D Cleopatra Musical Project".
Reportedly, Zeta-Jones becomes involved in the live-action 3-D project after director Stephen Soderbergh, who has been signed to helm the project, announced that he wants the 39-year-old for the prominent role. If she indeed stars as Cleopatra, she is most likely to share screen with Hugh Jackman since Jackman is in talks to star as Cleopatra's lover, Mark Antony.
Retelling the story of Cleopatra, Antony and Julius Caesar, this $30 million musical project has just got Soderbergh on board. To be produced by Greg Jacobs and Casey Silver, it will be scripted by James Greer, while the music has been penned by indie rock band Guided by Voices, which used to have Greer as the band's bass player.
- 'Toy Story': Sad Backstory of Andy's Father Debunked by Writer
- Report: Prince Harry Plans to Give Meghan Markle Engagement Ring Made From Princess Diana's Bracelet
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 3.06 Sneak Peeks: 'More People Will Die'
- BET Awards 2017: Watch Performances by Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, Chris Brown and More
- Disgusted Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Scott Disick Is 'Using' Bella Thorne
- Keith Urban Celebrates 11th Anniversary With Nicole Kidman: 'You Still Feel Like My Girlfriend'
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- Lil' Kim Is Under Investigation After BET Awards Party House Robbery