Catherine Zeta-Jones Eyed for 'Cleopatra' 3-D Musical
Catherine Zeta-Jones is going back to do a musical movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the Academy Award recipient for her performance in drama musical "Chicago" has been touted to star as iconic Egyptian queen, Cleopatra, in the proposed rock-n-roll musical, "Untitled 3-D Cleopatra Musical Project".
Reportedly, Zeta-Jones becomes involved in the live-action 3-D project after director Stephen Soderbergh, who has been signed to helm the project, announced that he wants the 39-year-old for the prominent role. If she indeed stars as Cleopatra, she is most likely to share screen with Hugh Jackman since Jackman is in talks to star as Cleopatra's lover, Mark Antony.
Retelling the story of Cleopatra, Antony and Julius Caesar, this $30 million musical project has just got Soderbergh on board. To be produced by Greg Jacobs and Casey Silver, it will be scripted by James Greer, while the music has been penned by indie rock band Guided by Voices, which used to have Greer as the band's bass player.
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!
- Watch Analeigh Tipton and Sofia Black D'Elia Battle Worm Flu Epidemic in 'Viral' Trailer
- Kourtney Kardashian Reportedly Pregnant Again With Ex Scott Disick's Baby
- 'Wayward Pines' 2.07 Preview: I Won't Surrender
- Get the Details of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Mid-Nuptial Agreement