Catherine Zeta-Jones Eyed for 'Cleopatra' 3-D Musical
Catherine Zeta-Jones is going back to do a musical movie. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the Academy Award recipient for her performance in drama musical "Chicago" has been touted to star as iconic Egyptian queen, Cleopatra, in the proposed rock-n-roll musical, "Untitled 3-D Cleopatra Musical Project".
Reportedly, Zeta-Jones becomes involved in the live-action 3-D project after director Stephen Soderbergh, who has been signed to helm the project, announced that he wants the 39-year-old for the prominent role. If she indeed stars as Cleopatra, she is most likely to share screen with Hugh Jackman since Jackman is in talks to star as Cleopatra's lover, Mark Antony.
Retelling the story of Cleopatra, Antony and Julius Caesar, this $30 million musical project has just got Soderbergh on board. To be produced by Greg Jacobs and Casey Silver, it will be scripted by James Greer, while the music has been penned by indie rock band Guided by Voices, which used to have Greer as the band's bass player.
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her