'Alvin and the Chipmunks' Sequel Coming Out Sooner
Getting a title, "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel", the sequel to "Alvin and the Chipmunks", has also been given a new release date schedule. The latest report from Variety claimed that the 20th Century Fox have pushed the sequel forward, putting it on a 2009 slate.
Revealing further on the new schedule, the news site reported that the animation movie about the harmony singing chipmunks will be opened in the theaters starting on Christmas Day, December 25, 2009, instead of its initial date on March 19, 2010. With the new date, the sequel will have to be up against another animation movie from Walt Disney Pictures, "The Princess and the Frog".
On other news related to Fox's release date changes, it is noted that "The A-Team" has been delayed from June 12, 2009 to June 11, 2010 due to the void in its cast and director's seat up to date. Beside "A-Team", "Tooth Fairy" has also been relocated from June 2009 to November 13, 2009. Additionally, Hayden Panettiere-starring comedy "I Love You, Beth Cooper" will now be seen in theaters on July 10, 2009.
Back to the "Chipmunks" sequel, "The Squeakuel" has been said to be focusing on the female counterparts of the Chipmunks, the Chipettes which consists of Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor Miller. It is expected to hear once again the voices of Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney as the trio chipmunks, Alvin, Simon and Theodore.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival