'Alvin and the Chipmunks' Sequel Coming Out Sooner
Getting a title, "Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakuel", the sequel to "Alvin and the Chipmunks", has also been given a new release date schedule. The latest report from Variety claimed that the 20th Century Fox have pushed the sequel forward, putting it on a 2009 slate.
Revealing further on the new schedule, the news site reported that the animation movie about the harmony singing chipmunks will be opened in the theaters starting on Christmas Day, December 25, 2009, instead of its initial date on March 19, 2010. With the new date, the sequel will have to be up against another animation movie from Walt Disney Pictures, "The Princess and the Frog".
On other news related to Fox's release date changes, it is noted that "The A-Team" has been delayed from June 12, 2009 to June 11, 2010 due to the void in its cast and director's seat up to date. Beside "A-Team", "Tooth Fairy" has also been relocated from June 2009 to November 13, 2009. Additionally, Hayden Panettiere-starring comedy "I Love You, Beth Cooper" will now be seen in theaters on July 10, 2009.
Back to the "Chipmunks" sequel, "The Squeakuel" has been said to be focusing on the female counterparts of the Chipmunks, the Chipettes which consists of Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor Miller. It is expected to hear once again the voices of Justin Long, Matthew Gray Gubler and Jesse McCartney as the trio chipmunks, Alvin, Simon and Theodore.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation