Actress Katherine Heigl Confirms Adoption Plan
Internet report that claimed Katherine Heigl and her musician husband Josh Kelley are planning to adopt a baby from Korea has been confirmed by the movie beauty herself. Attending the Peter Alexander Boutique launch party Tuesday night, October 21 in Los Angeles, she told Access Hollywood in a brief interview that she does have adoption in her mind and so does with Josh.
"[Adoption is] sort of something we're looking into doing in the future," she admitted. "It's definitely something I'm very passionate about, have always felt passionately about." Nevertheless, Heigl stated she and Josh are in no rush to do it, revealing "I don't know exactly what the process is and how to go about it ... we haven't quite gotten there yet," jokingly adding, "We're still sort of newlyweds!"
Referring to her adopted sister Meg as an inspiration for her to adopt, Heigl explained to Access Hollywood, "My sister is Korean. My mother adopted her, so she's a huge important part of my life, and it's just always been on my mind."
Heigl and Josh's first meeting occurred on the set of his music video for "Only You." They then dated, got engaged in June 2006, and exchanged wedding vows in a private ceremony held at the Stein Erikson Lodge in Deer Valley, Utah on December 23, 2007.
Late last week, the National Enquirer broke the report Heigl and Josh are planning to adopt a baby from Korea. The couple reportedly has been working on the option, already choosing an adoption agency and starting to fill out "the necessary paperwork."
The National Enquirer, furthermore, claimed adopting a baby from Korea had special meaning for Heigl as her older sister Meg was also adopted from the country more than 30 years ago. The sex of the baby, Heigl and Josh plan to adopt, and the adoption agency that helped them going through adoption process weren't disclosed though.
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week