Linkin Park's Song Featured Prominently on 'CSI' Episode
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will pick up Linkin Park's single "Leave Out All the Rest" as the episode title and theme song for its November 6 edition. This consequently makes the rock band, the first music act after The Who that has been featured prominently in the show's franchise.
The song, which is taken from the band's latest studio album "Minutes to Midnight", will be played at the beginning and the end of the episode plus becoming the underlying score throughout the episode. It will be the basic melody for Grissom's unresolved love to Sara who is back for the new season after quitting the crime lab in previous season.
"We found the melody and lyrics of the song to work so well with our story, that we underscored Grissom's emotional journey with it," said Jason Alexander, music supervisor for 'CSI'. "We've been long admirers of Linkin Park and it was wonderful for us to collaborate on something special like this."
The show's executive producer Carol Mendelsohn added, "We have always been huge fans of Linkin Park. They have an anthemic sound that's full of strength and simultaneous vulnerability. They were perfect for the show and the conflict within it."
"CSI" is aired on CBS every Thursday at 9/8c.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly