Linkin Park's Song Featured Prominently on 'CSI' Episode
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will pick up Linkin Park's single "Leave Out All the Rest" as the episode title and theme song for its November 6 edition. This consequently makes the rock band, the first music act after The Who that has been featured prominently in the show's franchise.
The song, which is taken from the band's latest studio album "Minutes to Midnight", will be played at the beginning and the end of the episode plus becoming the underlying score throughout the episode. It will be the basic melody for Grissom's unresolved love to Sara who is back for the new season after quitting the crime lab in previous season.
"We found the melody and lyrics of the song to work so well with our story, that we underscored Grissom's emotional journey with it," said Jason Alexander, music supervisor for 'CSI'. "We've been long admirers of Linkin Park and it was wonderful for us to collaborate on something special like this."
The show's executive producer Carol Mendelsohn added, "We have always been huge fans of Linkin Park. They have an anthemic sound that's full of strength and simultaneous vulnerability. They were perfect for the show and the conflict within it."
"CSI" is aired on CBS every Thursday at 9/8c.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked