Country Singer Tim McGraw Co-Writes Children's Book
Willing to share his experience as a father of three young daughters with any other fathers out there, Tim McGraw co-writes a children's book with writer Tom Douglas. The book, titled "My Little Girl," tells the story of a father who spends a fun day with his little girl, Katie, stopping by the farm, laying in the grass, gazing at the clouds and playing on a tire swing, the Associated Press reports.
McGraw, who openly admits he enjoys spending time with his daughters; Gracie Katherine (b. 1997), Maggie Elizabeth (b. 1998) and Audrey Caroline (b. 2001), states he doesn't always do what the girls love to do, like shopping at the mall or getting pedicures. "It's something that as a father you kind of have to sacrifice what you want to do, because boys do what you want to do. If I want to go to the farm and shoot guns or ride four-wheelers in the mud when it's 40 degrees ... the girls aren't really interested in doing that," he explains.
The country music singer, moreover, advices other fathers to get their children involved in their regular routines, like "running to the grocery store or stopping by the office."
"My Little Girl", meanwhile, is set to be published Tuesday, October 21 by Thomas Nelson Publishers. It will also be made available for purchase at Barnes & Noble for $16.99.
As stated on his official website, McGraw will be at the Barnes & Noble in New York on 555 Fifth Avenue at 46th Street at 6 P.M. EST Thursday, October 23 to sign copies of "My Little Girl". Attendees who want to get the star's autograph are required to bring 2 copies of the book at the maximum.
Gracie, Maggie, and Audrey are McGraw's daughters with his country music singer wife Faith Hill. The celebrity couple has been married since October 1996.
More Tim McGraw News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed