Country Singer Tim McGraw Co-Writes Children's Book
Willing to share his experience as a father of three young daughters with any other fathers out there, Tim McGraw co-writes a children's book with writer Tom Douglas. The book, titled "My Little Girl," tells the story of a father who spends a fun day with his little girl, Katie, stopping by the farm, laying in the grass, gazing at the clouds and playing on a tire swing, the Associated Press reports.
McGraw, who openly admits he enjoys spending time with his daughters; Gracie Katherine (b. 1997), Maggie Elizabeth (b. 1998) and Audrey Caroline (b. 2001), states he doesn't always do what the girls love to do, like shopping at the mall or getting pedicures. "It's something that as a father you kind of have to sacrifice what you want to do, because boys do what you want to do. If I want to go to the farm and shoot guns or ride four-wheelers in the mud when it's 40 degrees ... the girls aren't really interested in doing that," he explains.
The country music singer, moreover, advices other fathers to get their children involved in their regular routines, like "running to the grocery store or stopping by the office."
"My Little Girl", meanwhile, is set to be published Tuesday, October 21 by Thomas Nelson Publishers. It will also be made available for purchase at Barnes & Noble for $16.99.
As stated on his official website, McGraw will be at the Barnes & Noble in New York on 555 Fifth Avenue at 46th Street at 6 P.M. EST Thursday, October 23 to sign copies of "My Little Girl". Attendees who want to get the star's autograph are required to bring 2 copies of the book at the maximum.
Gracie, Maggie, and Audrey are McGraw's daughters with his country music singer wife Faith Hill. The celebrity couple has been married since October 1996.
- Report: John Mayer Dating Natalie Morales
- Report: Jennifer Garner's 'Pregnant and Alone' After Ben Affleck Divorce Filing
- '13 Reasons Why' Is Near Season 2 Renewal on Netflix
- Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim
- 'Alien: Covenant' New Prologue Reveals 'Prometheus' Big Mystery
- Johnny Depp Surprises Pirates of the Caribbean Riders at Disneyland as Captain Jack Sparrow
- Drake and Draymond Green Mock Each Other in Hilarious Meme War
- Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff to Reunite for First Live Performances in 12 Years