Offered Lead Part in 'Thor', Daniel Craig Declines
Two-time James Bond actor, Daniel Craig, has been indeed considered to be the leading man in "Thor". During the "Quantum of Solace" press event in Beverly Hills on Monday, October 20, the 40-year-old actor admitted to IESB that he has been approached by Marvel Studios to take on the superhero role.
Noting that he had been in the studio's short list as Thor, he was quick to point out that he has turned down the part. To IESB, the Lord Asriel of "The Golden Compass" jokingly said that starring as the hammer wielding hero as well as portraying the 007 agent, Bond, would be "too much of a power trip".
So far, "Thor" has been linked to many actors from wrestler-turned-actor Triple H to Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt. However, up to date, there is yet real indication on who will tackle the part. On other things related to the film, director Kenneth Branagh is expected to direct the movie, while writer Mark Protosevich is polishing the script. "Thor" is scheduled to be finished before July 16, 2010 release.
More Thor News
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie