Brian Cox of 'Nuremberg' Plays a King in 'Kings'
The upcoming NBC TV series, "Kings", will reunite two "Deadwood" actors, Brian Cox and Ian McShane. Cox will join McShane for four episodes on its midseason series, playing a role as a former King Vesper who is also the rival of King Silas, played by McShane.
Both actors have been cast together in 2006 "Deadwood" TV series. Cox played a role in the series' third season as a flamboyant stage promoter who comes and settles in Deadwood for a long term. He is a close friend of Albert Swearengen, played by Mcshane. Swearengen is the owner of the Gem Saloon and the founder and de facto head of Deadwood.
Besides "Kings", Cox will also make an appearance on NBC of Dick Wolf's pilot "Lost and Found" as a co-star opposite Katee Sackhoff. Cox is BAFTA and Emmy Award winning actor for his roles on TNT miniseries "Nuremberg".
"Kings" is based on the biblical story of David and Goliath which is set in contemporary or modern times metropolis. The series is created by Michael Green and directed Francis Lawrence, which has pilot entitled "bold, bizarre, fun". The pilot is scheduled to premiere during midseason 2009 and will be aired every Sundays at 10/9c.
More Kings News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show