Brian Cox of 'Nuremberg' Plays a King in 'Kings'
The upcoming NBC TV series, "Kings", will reunite two "Deadwood" actors, Brian Cox and Ian McShane. Cox will join McShane for four episodes on its midseason series, playing a role as a former King Vesper who is also the rival of King Silas, played by McShane.
Both actors have been cast together in 2006 "Deadwood" TV series. Cox played a role in the series' third season as a flamboyant stage promoter who comes and settles in Deadwood for a long term. He is a close friend of Albert Swearengen, played by Mcshane. Swearengen is the owner of the Gem Saloon and the founder and de facto head of Deadwood.
Besides "Kings", Cox will also make an appearance on NBC of Dick Wolf's pilot "Lost and Found" as a co-star opposite Katee Sackhoff. Cox is BAFTA and Emmy Award winning actor for his roles on TNT miniseries "Nuremberg".
"Kings" is based on the biblical story of David and Goliath which is set in contemporary or modern times metropolis. The series is created by Michael Green and directed Francis Lawrence, which has pilot entitled "bold, bizarre, fun". The pilot is scheduled to premiere during midseason 2009 and will be aired every Sundays at 10/9c.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch